Chanel and the weather

BlondieJ

Apr 25, 2010
Hi Ladies!

It's been raining here non-stop for about a week, which is unusual weather for where I live. It got me thinking, how do you care for your leather bag in adverse weather conditions? Does it snow where you live? Rain a lot? Do you do something specific/special to care for your bag or do you choose not to carry it when the weather is acting up? I have been wanting to wear my new Chanel jumbo but she has stayed at home this last week. I have heard of ladies water-proofing their bag but I'm always really cautious when it comes to putting cleaners/conditioners/chemicals on my bags.

Tell me, how does your chanel handle the weather? :smile:

I take my Caviar out quite a lot in bad weather but i try and shield it if it turns into a blizzard and then i run for cover lol .... Cav is the only bag i would risk though !

This is scary, my lambskin camera bag should be coming soon. Should I just avoid using it til spring or should I spray it with something to protect from the rain and bad weather? If so what to use?

I always have a nice plastic bag at office and in car ready if I have to run in the middile of the rain. Or I'd avoid using chanel at rainy season abd use Longchamp instead. It does sound crazy but better to protect it than sorry.

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. It's nice to hear what you all do. It seems like a lot of you have other bags you wear when the weather is bad. This makes sense but I wasn't sure.

Adiva- i like your idea of having a plastic bag in the car/at the office!

Caviar is ok as long as you have an umbrella. The sales associate at Chanel even said so.
I do try to plan around the weather; if it's really stormy I won't go out with it.

I don't own any lambskin. My mum does however and she wouldn't dream of taking them out in the rain.

I use mine in all weather. Living in NYC if I didn't they would never get used. That said if I know it's going to pour all day and I will have to be out in it I will change to a Goyard, they're waterproof and no one wants a water logged bag regardless of the designer.

Here in Switzerland the snow is falling like hell since 2 weeks :rolleyes: this is a really normal weather for the winter season. I use my black caviar EastWest in all weather, but I keep my grey Classic Lambskin for the spring/summer, when I am sure there will be no storm! Otherwise I use my LV Alma or my Brigitte Bardot Lancel bag, yesterday it was covered with snow!!