Chanel and the book "Deluxe - How luxury lost its luster"

I just read this book recently as well. I thought it was really fun and interesting to read. It definitely makes you think a little harder before whipping out your credit card. A must read for everyone who loves designer merchandise.

I'm halfway through this book...I agree, this is a "must read" if you are into luxury goods. Very interesting and "enlightening".

I ordered this through Amazon and picked up another fun read - 101 things to buy before you die by maggie davis and charlotte williamson. The Chanel 2.55 is listed after the Hermes Birkin...:yes:

The funny thing about this book was - here it is talking about how most luxury items (not all) are being mass produced with lesser quality of materials and in locations with cheaper labor , etc., etc.,..........AND the spine of my book breaks !! Hmmmmm....even a book about cheaper produced luxury is cheaply produced...hehehe. :P

But still a great read ! :yes:

I finally started to read it after having it sit on my desk for awhile. It is kind of depressing me that I'm spending such big bucks on things that are really marked up and of lesser quality.

Welcome back...and I look forward to reading this book. I am the type of consumer who first of all "impulse buys" ALL THE TIME, and I only return 1/2 of it....bad, bad! Also, I'm constantly trying to justify costly things with the usual "I really like it though"....so I think this may help steer my spending habits in the right direction...or at least make me think twice before I buy...but I KNOW, no matter what the markup and no matter what book I pick up, I will NEVER stop lusting (and perhaps buying) these bags...and shoes...and....