Chanel addiction - Do I need an intervention?

blythediva

O.G.
Oct 31, 2010
Hello ladies,

I bought my first Chanel last year, and just last week, I purchased 2 more flaps and a necklace. I am interested in getting a couple more of reissues and flaps this week. I keep having the urge to get more as I see all the eye candies on this forum.

I am not spending beyond my means but I don't know if this is an addiction. I know it's not uncommon for you all to have 10+ Chanels.

What should I do? I am a bit concerned about my behavior... Is this an addiction? Do I need any intervention like what I see on TV? LOL

Sorry if I even seem a bit crazy to post this...

Haha I feel the same way! I bought two purses this week;a clutch and a flap and I think I am crazy! My best friend thinks I have an addiction problem as well. I just think Chanel is very addictive and being on this forum does not solve your addictions either ;)

You are not alone. I'm sure there are a lot of ppl on this forum that felt this way at least twice In their life :smile:

Reactions: Stratford
OMG, I am exactly the same. I have just 'discovered' Chanel after being a LV fan for many many years and after buying my first Chanel bag this year, I am already looking at my next one. This is the only forum I read every evening now and I feel quite addicted....I have never been addicted to food, shopping or anything and always been quite 'balanced' but since 'discovering' Chanel, all I can think about is (a) what new item I will buy next and (b) how I am going to pay for it. I joke all the time to my DH that I am addictive but its kind of like with a nervous laugh!

Reactions: Stratford
OP, you are not alone. I always say TPF is the biggest enabler. To stop the addiction, we have to stop ourselves from checking TPF otherwise ban will not work.

I tried and it does not work with me continuing to see all the eye candies. Hearing about all the price increase news do not help either because it makes me want to buy more.

OP, you are not alone. I always say TPF is the biggest enabler. To stop the addiction, we have to stop ourselves from checking TPF otherwise ban will not work.

I tried and it does not work with me continuing to see all the eye candies. Hearing about all the price increase news do not help either because it makes me want to buy more.

This is so true!!

You are not the only one. :smile: I fall for Chanel in February last year and before last July increase, I got 1 vintage m/l, 1 Jumbo, 3 Reissues, 1 CAM, and 2 WOC. Then, the price increase kinda scare me off. I stopped but finally, just this Christmas, I got myself 2 more flaps, one Jumbo and another seasonal.

At the rate you are going fueling with the news of price increase, I don't think you need any help :smile: It's normal trying to keep up with them. ;)

Let's see if you're still keep going at this rate after 2 increases then we can talk again.

The only intervention you will need is from the sales assistant telling you to buy it in other colours :smile: Keep going and build your collection! and as you say as long as you are spending within your means then whats the problem? xx

my bf thinks i need an intervention for sure... i was a miumiu addict, and now i'm a chanel addict? i think i'm just a bag addict!

anyway, i found what really helped was to delete (Sadly) all my shortcuts and access to TPF! that really HELPED ME for like a couple of months.... and here i am again! CRAP!

Reactions: MahaM
You are not alone OP! I was a long time LV lover and collector (and still buying but in a slower rate than in the past). Get hooked up to Chanel in July 2011 and now have 13 Chanel bags in total (average of 2 new Chanel bags per month). My DH think i need help LOL