Chanel addiction - Do I need an intervention?

Hello ladies,

I bought my first Chanel last year, and just last week, I purchased 2 more flaps and a necklace. I am interested in getting a couple more of reissues and flaps this week. I keep having the urge to get more as I see all the eye candies on this forum.

I am not spending beyond my means but I don't know if this is an addiction. I know it's not uncommon for you all to have 10+ Chanels.

What should I do? I am a bit concerned about my behavior... Is this an addiction? Do I need any intervention like what I see on TV? LOL

Sorry if I even seem a bit crazy to post this...
Gosh, I really know how it goes. Since I bought my first Chanel in 2013, I have spent way too much time on finding the next perfect Chanel bag, and building an absolutely perfect collection. It is really time-consuming, and sometimes very stressful... I wish I knew a healthier way to continue my love in Chanel without making it a burden on my life. :-s

Gosh, I really know how it goes. Since I bought my first Chanel in 2013, I have spent way too much time on finding the next perfect Chanel bag, and building an absolutely perfect collection. It is really time-consuming, and sometimes very stressful... I wish I knew a healthier way to continue my love in Chanel without making it a burden on my life. :-s
What you just said is totally my situation right now. I need help :nogood:

Haha I'm sure you're not the only one. My SA now shows me ALL the upcoming bags on a special ipad and I order anything I want seasons ahead (even if those bags aren't going to be sold in my country). I've been out of control this year, acquiring 25 bags :yahoo:but luckily nothing has impressed me from the Spring Summer or Paris-Salzburg collection (in terms of bags).

Ok now I feel better :biggrin: haha.

25 Chanel bags in one year? Now I don't think I have a problem at all! :biggrin: I would love to see your collection. You may have every bag I want. LOL!!

I must see your collection please!! I bet it's amazing!!

Acquiring 25 bags in one year makes many of us look like low spenders. :lol:

Haha you can see 4 of my newest additions on this thread I linked below if interested! I haven't yet done a full family shot because it's too tiring taking them all out of their dusbags and boxes but it's definitely on my to do list. Haha 25 bags is enough for 1 year, so I am going to lay off the Chanel spending and enjoy what I have- I think it's important to enjoy the good things we have in life instead of worrying about what we're going to spend our money on next :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/m...passion-for-chanel-collectibles-891492-5.html

I am not a strictly Chanel addict but have a decent size Chanel collection. Like many here, I try to curtail my spending in general bc it becomes stressful, which is the opposite of what luxury spending should be IMO (To me it should be a joy to own a piece of luxury good. Same goes for the shipping experience).
Two sentiments I remind myself are 1) I don't have to own the bag to appreciate/enjoy its beauty. We are on this forum and get tempted by all the eye candies. I have learned to step back and say "that's very nice, I want it but I don't need to have it". 2) is what Chanel Kitten said before-

"it's important to enjoy the good things we have in life instead of worrying about what we're going to spend our money on next :smile: "

Bags are meant to be used. I have to step out of the collector mode and just enjoy using my bags (not just admiring them).
Of course I have leaned this too late and my closet is full of bags I need to sell off 😋. I haven't stopped buying completely. But I do feel less stressed out and less compelled to shop overall. Hope this makes sense.

Stumbled upon this post as I couldn’t sleep and started researching my 4th Chanel within 2 months since I got my first ... it’s all too real after reading these messages lol . All I need to do is to stop justifying my purchase and to stop stalking chanel bags for a while... Chanel is divine but I really need to pace myself. Can’t get all the nice things at once, can we?

You are not the only one. :smile: I fall for Chanel in February last year and before last July increase, I got 1 vintage m/l, 1 Jumbo, 3 Reissues, 1 CAM, and 2 WOC. Then, the price increase kinda scare me off. I stopped but finally, just this Christmas, I got myself 2 more flaps, one Jumbo and another seasonal.

At the rate you are going fueling with the news of price increase, I don't think you need any help :smile: It's normal trying to keep up with them. ;)

Let's see if you're still keep going at this rate after 2 increases then we can talk again.

Hi, it’s so nice to find this thread. I’ve just started this vintage Chanel addiction myself since January 2020. It’s sooo bad! OMG!

I ended up having six in nine months including two very similar double Flaps. PayPal 0% interest special financing has made it too easy for me to sink into this Chanel hole.

Are you still into Chanel and Chanel vintages? How many you have collected since you started back in 2011/12, do you mind telling?

Today, as you look back at your own posting almost ten years ago, do you feel it’s funny that prices were actually super low compare with today’s prices?

On the other hand, vintage Chanels could keep their values is because of the consistency of price increases at the boutique too, isn’t it? Ha!

How much was a brand new mini back in 2011/2012, could you recall? Thank you.:smile:

If it doesn't affect your financial situation, if you take care of the essential spendings first, if you don't need to borrow money, if you don't hide your purchases from your family (you may in certain circumstances) - then nothing to worry about I think.

But if you are concerned, just put some limits - like 1 bag/year or $5000/year for bags :smile:

But if you can't walk away a bag, if you have troubles paying rent, mortgage etc. - then you really should seek help.

One thing I have realized lately is, at least for me, there is no such thing as bag peace. There is always another bag I will want. There will always be more gorgeous bags in the future, and bags I missed out on from the past. So I have stopped trying to make my collection complete.

I agree also with another member that you don't have to own a bag to admire it/like it. I try to limit myself to only buying bags I will use now, instead of just admiring on a shelf in my closet.

Hi, it’s so nice to find this thread. I’ve just started this vintage Chanel addiction myself since January 2020. It’s sooo bad! OMG!

I ended up having six in nine months including two very similar double Flaps. PayPal 0% interest special financing has made it too easy for me to sink into this Chanel hole.

Are you still into Chanel and Chanel vintages? How many you have collected since you started back in 2011/12, do you mind telling?

Today, as you look back at your own posting almost ten years ago, do you feel it’s funny that prices were actually super low compare with today’s prices?

On the other hand, vintage Chanels could keep their values is because of the consistency of price increases at the boutique too, isn’t it? Ha!

How much was a brand new mini back in 2011/2012, could you recall? Thank you.:smile:
I saw someone pay us$500 and another person paying $1200 for the mini flaps on YouTube back in 2012-13