Chanel addiction - Do I need an intervention?

LOL - you are SO not alone! I bought my first Chanel, a GST about 16 months ago, and I now have approximately 8 Chanel bags, all within 16 months! And now I can't stop thinking about a m/l caviar flap in black with shw - when I get that bag I think I
will "calm down" a little!;) I'll just use and enjoy what I have. TPF is addictive too... I often check this forum before I check my emails... Chanel is so addictive.:smile:

i love this site but this site is a problem. before chanel i only bought 2-3 bags a year from the other brands ( fendi,lv, gucci). i wandered into the chanel forum and fell in love. i started purchasing chanel in 2008. i bought 3 within a few months and thought omg what's wrong with me! so i banned myself from buying in 2009 and stayed away from this site. jan 2010 i came back to the chanel forum and it was instantaneous 2 more flap bags added to my collection. when i can keep myself from coming on here i am very good at not purchasing any more. after my latest shopping spree i really should go on another ban for a year.

I purchased my first Chanel then 2 months later I purchased a second. I stop coming to the forum to stop the temptation. I purchased my 3rd Chanel 1.5 years later (b/c student loans were due).

blythediva said:
Hello ladies,

I bought my first Chanel last year, and just last week, I purchased 2 more flaps and a necklace. I am interested in getting a couple more of reissues and flaps this week. I keep having the urge to get more as I see all the eye candies on this forum.

I am not spending beyond my means but I don't know if this is an addiction. I know it's not uncommon for you all to have 10+ Chanels.

What should I do? I am a bit concerned about my behavior... Is this an addiction? Do I need any intervention like what I see on TV? LOL

Sorry if I even seem a bit crazy to post this...

Definitely not alone! I bought 1 woc and 1 clutch and 1 reissue 226 in nov, 2 new mini and 2 new clutches in Dec! Also, 2 necklaces and a couple of earrings lol :smile: I think I am insane and really addicted to Chanel I don't even check fb but keep checking this forum throughout the day!!!! :sad:

Yeah, I think I have to go on a buying ban. I am up to 13 (lucky number for me) and I am on the brink of starting to leave beyond my means if I dont stop soon. I make very good money, but thousands are going to this hobbie that should be going into my 401k-- and gaining interest that BENEFITS me.

I just feel like I should have an even number of bags! LOL!

OMG, I am exactly the same. I have just 'discovered' Chanel after being a LV fan for many many years and after buying my first Chanel bag this year, I am already looking at my next one. This is the only forum I read every evening now and I feel quite addicted....I have never been addicted to food, shopping or anything and always been quite 'balanced' but since 'discovering' Chanel, all I can think about is (a) what new item I will buy next and (b) how I am going to pay for it. I joke all the time to my DH that I am addictive but its kind of like with a nervous laugh!
Miss C, it's so nice to hear that you can laugh about "being addicted" and figuring out what to buy next & how to pay for it. I'm also laughing at myself nervously, but it's nice to know I'm not alone:smile:

Hello ladies,

I bought my first Chanel last year, and just last week, I purchased 2 more flaps and a necklace. I am interested in getting a couple more of reissues and flaps this week. I keep having the urge to get more as I see all the eye candies on this forum.

I am not spending beyond my means but I don't know if this is an addiction. I know it's not uncommon for you all to have 10+ Chanels.

What should I do? I am a bit concerned about my behavior... Is this an addiction? Do I need any intervention like what I see on TV? LOL

Sorry if I even seem a bit crazy to post this...
Hi, blythediva! I've collected designer bags for years but I got my first Chanel bag only five months ago and since then I've bought two more bags, three pairs of earrings, a necklace, and cosmetics. I hope my Chanel fever will taper off, the way a new romance cools off eventually! Have fun collecting!

Miss C, it's so nice to hear that you can laugh about "being addicted" and figuring out what to buy next & how to pay for it. I'm also laughing at myself nervously, but it's nice to know I'm not alone:smile:
To be honest with you, I was actually feeling that maybe I needed intervention too! It might just be the initial 'high' as my addiction does seems to have leveled off to a more reasonable level now. Best of luck!

OP, you are not alone. I am a bag addict who has recently discovered chanel and is now head over heels in love.

Got my red jumbo a couple of months ago and I'm planning on adding a GST soon, along with some more jumbos in various colours, M/Ls and a lot more goodies :love: