Chanel accordion/flap bag with gold hardware

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

I have enough of the classic flaps and reissues and would like to increase my collection of chanels with other designs. I tend to end up with the dressier styles and less of tote designs most of the time somehow...

Recently, a certain design caught my attention. I was too engrossed with the classic collection and this design never caught my attention previously. I think chanel always has this design but in seasonal variations which I think is described as the Accordion or the large flap bag? I think chanel has something call the timeless flap which is in caviar leather and somewhat considered a classic but I just don't like the huge CC on the flap. I always prefer the cute CC turnlock to huge CC prints.

I came across this style at this website:
    cute4ever.com/images/1302001883/rigzwg63i6dz94d.jpg

Has anyone seen this chanel bag before? I vaguely remember someone mentioned in TPF she got this very same bag during sales but it was in Ivory color (not black) for something like $1820??? The original retail was about $2600. It is from 11P which means from last fall. I always thought sales bag means the style is not popular... Does anyone have any idea whether the black version went off at $1820 as well? Do you think this is a nice design or would it look dated some time maybe next year? The theme is retro with retro aged looking gold chains that looked different from the usual styles... I kind of like the retro style - black distressed calf skin (instead of lamb) combined with rich gold chain strap, quilted large front flap with the cute CC turnlock. But I am thinking since this is from 11P past season will it make sense for me to buy it?

2. image-2908888683.jpg

Erm, I think the leather parts of the straps are supposed to be on the shoulder, and chains are through the grommets oops!

11P means its from 2011 spring/summer collection. I've tried it on IRL. It's more roomy than Jumbo despite its smaller length and height. That's probably because of its greater depth and less structured shape. And I don't really mind its fabric interior. The downside? The chains didn't seem to slide easily from single to double when I tried it.

But it's still a good everyday bag IMO. I don't think it will look dated. Accordion flaps seem to have been around for some time now.