Chanel A/W 2009

mrsharrylime

Jul 7, 2009
I just splurged on the new Chanel eye gloss quad!

Photo here.

Ohmigosh.

It's exquisite. Blending the shades is a blast, as demonstrated by the SA at the counter. I just got home and am playing with mine right now.

It's very creamy and does crease, but this is apparently what the new Creative Director is going for--a more youthful and edgy 'undone' look. Anyway, it's wonderful. Somehow even the dark red and the black can be blended to a beautiful look for day, and the gold and pearl make for a beautiful dewy highlighter.

I love it!

Anyone tried other items from this collection?

I passed on this (at least for now), because I figured it would be one of those pretty Chanel eye candy palettes I stare at, but never use.

When you say it creases, do you mean that the shadow comes off quickly on certain parts of the eye?

It doesn't come off, there are just slightly darker lines of color on the creases in the lines of your lid, if that makes sense. It was on the runway in some of the spring shows, I believe. THat brown, glossy creased look...

I am waiting for them to bring out the jade nail polish. The Murano eye palette is so pretty but I just bought eyeshadows from Nars so I passed. I might buy on ebay.

Babevivtan- There is actually no brown in this palette, that was just a similar runway look.
This palette has a pearly white, gold, black, and a black red.

SHOCKINGLY wearable, though!