Chanel 30 series Caviar quality for WOC

Bump, planning to buy a classic flap and woc in black, can anyone share about the quality of the 30 series caviar? Many thanks
I don’t believe the series has anything to do with the quality of the caviar. It’s a myth! There are good and bad caviar in every series. I’ve seen flat, dull, greyish (when meant to be black) caviar in the same batch as shiny and puffy caviar. Same with MIF and MII. It’s just a case of checking out several WOCs until you find the best one.

Reactions: bkee
I don’t believe the series has anything to do with the quality of the caviar. It’s a myth! There are good and bad caviar in every series. I’ve seen flat, dull, greyish (when meant to be black) caviar in the same batch as shiny and puffy caviar. Same with MIF and MII. It’s just a case of checking out several WOCs until you find the best one.
Thank you honeybunch, I will ask to see a few then. :smile: Can’t wait to make my purchase!

Reactions: honeybunch
I recently bought a seasonal 20K WOC (with big CC) and took some comparison photos with my classic WOC (bought this in Dec 2019, 29 series). I feel like the leather is shinier and puffier on my 20A WOC (though the leather grain is smaller) and I like it more than my classic WOC. Hope that helps

Attachments

• IMG_20201126_181522.jpg
    IMG_20201126_181522.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20201126_181547.jpg
    IMG_20201126_181547.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: bkee
Although you're right in that every series has bad and good, I've seen common "flaws" with certain years/series . Enough so that when I look at the preloved market, I can tell what year it was from by looking at the caviar. The 2012/2013 caviar was a bit more flat and dull. That was when I got my first black caviar jumbo so I didn't know. Mine is flat and dull. When I see something similar , it's always 2012/2013. Of course there were ones that weren't and beautiful. 2014/2015 was the year of the iridescent caviar that was more suede like and wore horribly. Color transfer and wear was notorious on this " iridescent " caviar. I always avoid that year of iridescent caviar. 2017/2018 caviar was the year people had the most issues with their caviar peeling.
Since then, I haven't sent issues with the caviar. 2019 and 2020 caviar has been shiny puffy and nice.
Again there's going to be bad and good ones in every series/year but over all these last two years has been pretty good.

I recently bought a seasonal 20K WOC (with big CC) and took some comparison photos with my classic WOC (bought this in Dec 2019, 29 series). I feel like the leather is shinier and puffier on my 20A WOC (though the leather grain is smaller) and I like it more than my classic WOC. Hope that helps
Oh, this is helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: fary