Chanel 226 - Does it make me look too old?

Edna said:
I don't think the reissue would make you look old at all! I think with the right outfit, it looks funky in a chic way. :+) That being said, if you decide to return it, can you tell me when and where you return it to? I've been searching for this bag! :+)

i didn't get it at saks nyc. i got it from chanel soho nyc

Edna said:
I don't think the reissue would make you look old at all! I think with the right outfit, it looks funky in a chic way. :+) That being said, if you decide to return it, can you tell me when and where you return it to? I've been searching for this bag! :+)

If you're looking for one , they had one at short hills yesterday, just sitting on the shelf.......

Funny, I used to think of Chanel as being old-ladyish, but I've totally fallen in love looking at the bags on tPF. A big part is just the young celebs all using Chanel these days - this has made it seem a lot more youthful... I'm only 28, and just got my first classic flap. I agree that the silver hardware makes it look younger and more modern.

I personally think the 226 reissue would look awesome, but if you're iffy on it, return it and pick up something else instead.

the thing that attracts me to chanel is the lady like classyness. i would love wearing a flap with like sweats during errands or something. its just so contrasting that imo would work. and like someone said a lot of stars are wearing them, and they've come out with metallics, and brighter hues of blue and purple. it justs just a very striking brand IMO.

japskivt said:
Use it..... I see so many young women with it and it looks great... don't be intimidated.... you CAN pull it off!!

totally agree!!! :yes:

Wear it your way!!! But if you are seriously having doubts then maybe look for a new CHANEL piece!!! I think the Reissue is SO beautiful!!!! :love:

If you are questioning it's 'rightness' for you, then it likely isn't the right bag for you.

With mine, the issue of looking old never crossed my mind -- I don't think mine gives an old look at all.