Chanel 2.55

Anna Petrovna

Feb 11, 2009
I am so new to this forum, so I appologize if the question and answers are somewhere around, it might take time to get used to being around.
Anyway, I want to buy my first Chanel bag and I can't decide between these two:
3273248599_eb14c01dbe.jpg

and
3273248569_a3a21b0df9.jpg

Now, the thing is: no matter which one of them, it has to be in lamb leather and medium size.
But what I was wondering is:
Does the second one exists in "soft" version? The ones I have had a chance to see in boutiques here in Cph and in Berlin were "stiff", while the model from the first photo was all soft to it, you could kind of "squeeze" it a bit, if you know what I mean (pardon my poor English).

My second question is:
Do you believe that Chanel Boutique in London would be willing to be shipping Chanel bag to Copenhagen, is there any way I could pay/buy the bag without going to London myself?

I might have some other questions too, but this will be more than enough to start with.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Chanel in London definitely do charge sends, so I think you'd be able to get it shipped to Copenhagan.

I think generally the 2nd bag tend to be a bit more structured, but I'm not really an expert....I'm sure some of the other girls will be able to help you out though! :flowers:

both are lovely bags,from photo the first one looks like destressed leather or caviar,and looks softer more slouchy ,the classic flap is soft,but stiffer leather,so will keep its shape more,bond street or manchester,but you can buy closer to home,have you been on chanel's web site for list of stores in europe,there both classic bags,hopefully,you shouldnt have a problem finding a med size,its personal,i love both,but would choose the second pic,as thats my fav,you can dress it up or down,it will take you from 7am till midnight,,good luck on your choice

Thank you for your response Kirkcaldy.
I want to buy in London because it is cheaper. The British pound is not doing so well and I want to save some money.
Does anyone know if Classic Flap (lamb) can be found in "soft version" as Chanel Reissue?

^ Well, the current season bags I mentioned above are not black. Black and white are permanent colors and available all year long. If you want a lamb flap like the second pic up there, you are not going to find it in softer form and feel than the one you saw in CPH and BER.

Classic flaps (one with CC lock) are supposed to be very structured and stiff in their form. So if you'd prefer the feel of the bag in the first pic and want it in lambskin, perhaps you should look into getting the black metallic lamb 2.55 from 09 Cruise?

NanamiRyu, thank you so much. That was the answer I wanted/needed.

Do you by any chance know how do I order/buy bag from Chanel boutique in London? Call? Write? How do I specify the model?

It would probably be the best to call them. You can give them the style number or describe the bag... But, you know what? I think it really would be best to see the bag in person. 2.55 flaps are usually made with calfskin. I didn't care for the lambskin one from 09 cruise at all even though I usually like lamb and practically all my classic flaps are lamb.

Have you thought about just getting a calfskin like this?

DSC03740.jpg

This has to be the most popular bag... And it comes with silver hardwares too if that's what you prefer.

Yes, that is the exact one I have seen and that is the one I want (black bag, silver hardware, about 25 cm big). I have seen it in Berlin with golden and silver hardware. But I thought it was lamb (or at least the lady said so, but maybe I was confused, I've seen several bags that day).
What I don't like so much about classic flap is that these squares are slightly "raised" (if you know what I mean) and on reissue model they are flat.
Where can I see some other of your bags?

Anna, the bag above is calfskin. Most in that style are. Do you mean the quiltings are too puffy when you mean "raised" squares? If so, yeah... The lamb flaps classic flaps are like that. The distressed leather of 2.55 as in the pic I posted has flatter look. It's also lot more durable than lambskin.

You should look through the reference thread in this forum if you want to see more varieties of flaps. Here's the link just in case you can't find it.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-r...flaps-classic-flaps-including-wocs-44179.html

Dear Lord, that link is like being in heaven! :smile:
So there is calfskin, lamb and caviar (reissue)? I am not that fond of caviar look.

If I decide to go for that one you posted above, what is the exact name (silver hardware though) and do you think it is easy to find it in stores now? Why can't I find it on Chanel's site? Isn't it a classic???

Anna, you should check out this sticky thread...

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/reference-2-55-vs-classic-flaps-407757.html

It's not difficult to get in US and I got that one above in Paris without any difficulty of having to search for one. But as so many people are buying from UK these days, I'm not sure about its availability in UK. You can ask for more help from our Birtish tPFers at UK thread in the shopping forum. Here's the link.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/uk-chanel-club-177455-144.html

Off topic, but how's the weather there currently? I'm thinking of doing a trip that includes Copenhagen in 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:
I might be travelling to Paris, I wonder if they are cheaper in Paris than the rest of Europe (Berlin was awfully expencive!).
Off topic:
Really? If you do, make sure to contact me, I am doing research for Cph guide book (my husband is the writer of one). I could give you the best tips ever!
The weather is... hm. Danish. Haha. Not so cold, but sometimes it is windy. I will let you know in couple of weeks when it's more interesting for you.
Honestly, make sure to contact me!