chanel 2.55 mini/small resell value

If you’re really looking for your first Chanel bag, which I believe you are, I worry you are way too focused on resale. Why? Are you afraid of making a mistake?

I believe you should take a step back and figure out what YOU want and need in your life out of the Chanel bag... and what style will make you actually happy and not settle for a different bag due to resale. That is a sure way to make a mistake.

Another thing is, if you are going preloved, maybe look into a reputable seller that has a return policy. When things are non-returnable it can make things too difficult and stressful for someone who isn’t sure what they really want yet.

Reactions: Inspir!t
All your threads ask about resale value. Are you a professional reseller?
I'm not a professional seller lol I just have always wanted a Chanel bag. I just graduated from college, and although my income is OK, I'm not super rich to afford any bag I want. In the case that I want other bags in the future, I want to be able to sell the current one and buy what I like more rather than losing a lot of money. This is why I'm concerned about resell value

If you’re really looking for your first Chanel bag, which I believe you are, I worry you are way too focused on resale. Why? Are you afraid of making a mistake?

I believe you should take a step back and figure out what YOU want and need in your life out of the Chanel bag... and what style will make you actually happy and not settle for a different bag due to resale. That is a sure way to make a mistake.

Another thing is, if you are going preloved, maybe look into a reputable seller that has a return policy. When things are non-returnable it can make things too difficult and stressful for someone who isn’t sure what they really want yet.
Thank you for your advice :biggrin: What pre-loved sites do you like shopping in that is reputable and/or have a good return policy? I'm mostly looking at vestiaire collective and a little bit of fashionphile..

If I'm rich enough I would buy all the bags I want (I like many). However, I'm not rich enough to buy all the bags I want, so I have to choose one right now, but I still want to be able to resell it in the future and use that money to buy another bag I love more. I really like how the reissues look and it fits my lifestyle right now. I also really like the classic with CC logo. but it's too flashy for my current lifestyle. However, once I move up my career ladder, I can definitely see myself wearing that bag. If I buy the classic with CC logo now, it will just sit in my closet. If I buy the reissue now, I'm afraid I can't get back the money I put in to buy the reissue and use that money to buy the classic with CC logo in the future. So I can't decide what to do :sad:

Last edited:
Hi! if i may advise:

you yourself say you will use the money to "buy another bag I love more," which to me indicates that the reissue probably isn't the one for you and is just the best alternative for you right now, given your finances + current lifestyle.

i personally wouldn't do this thing where i buy a second alternative now just to resell it again in the near future to get another one i really like because it feels very messy and all over the place, at least to me. and there's no guarantee that the resale for whatever bag you buy now will be consistent, you know? so instead of being more afraid about the resale value, perhaps you could be less afraid of not using the bag and letting it sit in the closet. i assure you once you get the cc classic you'll find ways to use it because it's a beauty lol! and may i also suggest, just get the classic CC and then find another non-chanel alternative to use as an everyday lifestyle bag, until you climb the ladder enough to use the classic CC. At least, that's what i'll do.

Reactions: einertia
I understand your reasoning and concerns, right now when your money is limited and you want the most bang for your buck, but, I agree with other posters here, you should buy the bag you really want and now buy a "consolation prize" bag. If you buy a bag you're already thinking of selling, that's a sure way to lose money AND to be unhappy with your choice. Both styles that you're contemplating are classics and you'll be able to wear them for years to come; buy something you'll love and that you'll want to keep in your collection.