Chanel 19 or Dior saddle?

anna2b2

Aug 14, 2020
I'm looking to get a new bag for my birthday in a couple of months and I'm considering either the Chanel 19 or the Dior saddle. Which one do you prefer and why? I would probably get the 19 in black size small and saddle in the oblique size medium.

I'm also open to other bags if you have any suggestions. I'm basically looking for something versatile I can wear during the day and evenings. I do like a hand carry option.

The Dior Saddle. It is so iconic and unique. The 19 is another quilted Chanel bag with a chain strap and CC closure, like most Chanel bags. While I like the 19, I think that it is very basic Chanel, with nothing truly unique to offer. The Saddle, on the other hand, is a Dior design that has been brought back from 1999, and has now proven its tenure in fashion.

Hummm i have a old version from Saddle bag and i'm just buying the Chanel 19 for me is best investisment in Chanel 19 for the futur because the trend of Saddle bag is not really good now :smile:

I'm looking to get a new bag for my birthday in a couple of months and I'm considering either the Chanel 19 or the Dior saddle. Which one do you prefer and why? I would probably get the 19 in black size small and saddle in the oblique size medium.

I'm also open to other bags if you have any suggestions. I'm basically looking for something versatile I can wear during the day and evenings. I do like a hand carry option.
The saddle bag is hideous and looks trendy. I’d be sick of wearing after a couple months. I love love the 19 and have the large/medium black and small crumpled calfskin in burgundy. They are young and chic but have a classic vibe, so I’m not worried I’d get sick of wearing them after a while

Reactions: theprettymiss
I think the Chanel 19 has more staying power. I think it is fun take on take on Chanel's brand hallmarks, but more modern and younger. I think the Saddle bag is going to be right back out in a year or 2 and be an archive style.
Strange that so far the Dior Saddle has proven to have more staying power so far over 20 years later after it was first introduced and had a successful run for almost a decade ;). It now has a super successful second run, and is reiterated every season by Maria Grazia Chiuri.

The Chanel 19 is a very nice bag, but again, it is a quilted Chanel bag with a CC logo and a chain strap. Sounds like all the other Chanel bags ever made.

Have you tried the bags on in person? I love the look of the saddle but found it really uncomfortable to wear...it also doesn't hold a lot. The 19, on the other hand, is so practical and versatile. From a functionality perspective, I'd go with the 19.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I would vote for the Chanel 19 because it's Karl's last bag design and the brand has great resale value compared to Dior. The Chanel 19 is a bit more casual than the Classic Flap so it can be easily dressed up or down and also can be worn crossbody and also carried by its top handle. It is also a plush and squishy bag with only one flap with a great storage capacity for everyday essentials. While it is slightly slouchy, it is definitely a very eye -catching bag featuring the classic and iconic CC closure, mixed metals, functional back pocket and exaggerated quilting. This bag is here to stay and as the price increase history shows, it is considered a classic.
I don't own Dior bags at the moment but I gravitate to Chanel due to its history and relevance.

What about getting a vintage Saddle and a smaller Chanel piece like a 19 WOC if you have to have something from the 19 line?

I think people have to remember that at one point, GSTs and Cambon pieces were all part of Chanel’s Classics line. I don’t really buy that any piece is truly timeless at this point, but my $0.02.

Reactions: bbtyan
Id suggest something a little different but is from Dior as well which is the Dior Caro flap.

I think it’s a gorgeous bag that no one has right now. I would not care about a bag becoming basic but I think if I’d go to buy one, a revel side of md would tell me don’t listen to YouTubees who say how amazing the chanel Or the Dior saddle is pick something different and I’d go for the Caro.

it’s gorgeous but it’s not a hot thing right no.

Reactions: maris.crane