Chanel 19 lambskin vs goatskin

View attachment 4648307 View attachment 4648308 View attachment 4648309 View attachment 4648310
Managed to get my hands on a 20P black goatskin and though it’s not as glossy as the lambskin version, I am liking the sheen. Here are some pics :smile:
I think it's a beautiful sheen that will probably just get shinier with use. Thanks for taking the close-up pics of the fibres. It feels like the perfect hybrid for someone who wants something more hardy than a lambskin and softer than caviar! I'm liking it a lot more based on these pics!

Yes! I was thinking of the same thing too :smile: Can’t wait to bring it out!

I think it's a beautiful sheen that will probably just get shinier with use. Thanks for taking the close-up pics of the fibres. It feels like the perfect hybrid for someone who wants something more hardy than a lambskin and softer than caviar! I'm liking it a lot more based on these pics!

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
I heard 19 k that was before the last was all goatskin .Then the 20 c ,fall winter was all lambskin and the present that is 20 p is again all goatskin
Ok this is so interesting! Although all my Chanel bags are caviar, and so I have no lambskin to compare to, I have to say my 20C large 19 in the dark beige feels very sturdy and even got caught in the rain today and I don’t feel one bit worried about it. It’s hard for me to believe it is lambskin! Thanks for the insight. Only if chanel would put a tag on it to list their materials then I wouldn’t be so confused. :confused1:

Ok this is so interesting! Although all my Chanel bags are caviar, and so I have no lambskin to compare to, I have to say my 20C large 19 in the dark beige feels very sturdy and even got caught in the rain today and I don’t feel one bit worried about it. It’s hard for me to believe it is lambskin! Thanks for the insight. Only if chanel would put a tag on it to list their materials then I wouldn’t be so confused. :confused1:

If the middle of your style code is B01901 then it should be lambskin I believe.

I purchased my 19 flap from 20C collection in lambskin and love it so much. However, I visited the store and got a chance to see 20P’s 19 flap in goatskin. I think that the goatskin is more plasticky and structure but I personally prefer the lambskin. What do you think? Which do you prefer?
We just purchased the goat skin in small black however we are changing our mind toward the lamb skin. Please advise if you feel this would be the right choice as we have an opportunity to purchase.

We just purchased the goat skin in small black however we are changing our mind toward the lamb skin. Please advise if you feel this would be the right choice as we have an opportunity to purchase.
I too had the opportunity to buy lamb or goatskin .I preferred the lamb .Its not as delicate as other bags as it’s been treated .Which look of the bag do you like if you can compare

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
I think I prefer the look and feel of the lamb better. However, goat could be more durable in the long run.

My small 19 is goatskin, and I would absolutely say that it has a nice sheen and the material is beautiful and seems very resilient. My first bag in goatskin and wouldn't hesitate to get another. I also own caviar and lambskin bags, and would have to say that the 19 has the best "hand feel", if that makes sense. Just a pleasure to touch, honestly.