Chanel 19

I purchased my 19 flap from 20C collection in lambskin and love it so much. However, I visited the store and got a chance to see 20P’s 19 flap in goatskin. I think that the goatskin is more plasticky and structure but I personally prefer the lambskin. What do you think? Which do you prefer?
We just purchased the goat skin in small black however we are changing our mind toward the lamb skin. Please advise if you feel this would be the right choice as we have an opportunity to purchase.

We just purchased the goat skin in small black however we are changing our mind toward the lamb skin. Please advise if you feel this would be the right choice as we have an opportunity to purchase.
I too had the opportunity to buy lamb or goatskin .I preferred the lamb .Its not as delicate as other bags as it’s been treated .Which look of the bag do you like if you can compare

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
I think I prefer the look and feel of the lamb better. However, goat could be more durable in the long run.

My small 19 is goatskin, and I would absolutely say that it has a nice sheen and the material is beautiful and seems very resilient. My first bag in goatskin and wouldn't hesitate to get another. I also own caviar and lambskin bags, and would have to say that the 19 has the best "hand feel", if that makes sense. Just a pleasure to touch, honestly.

Honestly I just picked up a couple of goatskin black 19 bags in large and maxi and they are both really shiny, shinier than any of the C bags. But definitely not as smooshy and more structured, “plasticky” I read, which is kind of true. Not that they are plasticky, they just have a different finish it seems from the lamb. I’m loving both lamb and goat in the 19, they both have nice characteristics and definitely has a sheen and resilience to it as above poster mentioned. However I really do think that the goat will soften over time nicely, and still has a benefit of a little more sheen and durability. I haven’t used either of my goat 19s yet but I can tell that they will definitely soften and become even more beautiful once broken in a bit. Pic of large goat

Attachments

• 9E2A4F65-5ABC-4EDF-AB8E-70DD9F6A4D8A.jpeg
    9E2A4F65-5ABC-4EDF-AB8E-70DD9F6A4D8A.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:
Honestly I just picked up a couple of goatskin black 19 bags in large and maxi and they are both really shiny, shinier than any of the C bags. But definitely not as smooshy and more structured, “plasticky” I read, which is kind of true. Not that they are plasticky, they just have a different finish it seems from the lamb. I’m loving both lamb and goat in the 19, they both have nice characteristics and definitely has a sheen and resilience to it as above poster mentioned. However I really do think that the goat will soften over time nicely, and still has a benefit of a little more sheen and durability. I haven’t used either of my goat 19s yet but I can tell that they will definitely soften and become even more beautiful once broken in a bit. Pic of large goat
Sorry, not relevant but I LOL-ed at your last line!
(ps: love your 19 btw... it's my dream bag for now!)

I purchased my 19 flap from 20C collection in lambskin and love it so much. However, I visited the store and got a chance to see 20P’s 19 flap in goatskin. I think that the goatskin is more plasticky and structure but I personally prefer the lambskin. What do you think? Which do you prefer?
If I had the wonderful opportunity to choose, I'd go for the 20C grey because I prefer that to the 20P grey! Lamb or goat, I'd be fine with either, but 20C grey! :love::loveeyes::hbeat:

Reactions: Peppaaa
I put myself on the list months ago and the SA just texted me with a small black 19. I’ve sort of moved on and got another black bag (a YSL), but still love the 19! Should I at least get it and try it on? I can always return it or resell, right?! (I can also justify it by selling my CF jumbo which I absolutely never wear...)

Attachments

• 72C9A443-2BC6-42EC-BCEE-1578EC6764CA.jpeg
    72C9A443-2BC6-42EC-BCEE-1578EC6764CA.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 618
I put myself on the list months ago and the SA just texted me with a small black 19. I’ve sort of moved on and got another black bag (a YSL), but still love the 19! Should I at least get it and try it on? I can always return it or resell, right?! (I can also justify it by selling my CF jumbo which I absolutely never wear...)
Since you have been waiting, I think you should at least try it on. If you don’t love it, it is so in demand, I can not think that someone would happily snatch it up if you sell it. And...if you don’t ever use your jumbo...I think go for the 19!!

As someone who also waited and waited for the 19, I would definitely take a look at the bag and try it on. If you don't use your Jumbo, you might fall in love with this one. It has a very different vibe. I am 100% in love with the bag and would highly recommend it!

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and gagabag