Champagne gold south sea pearl - pendant or ring

Newchanel

Jan 10, 2015
Hi - I bought a beautiful 15mm champagne gold south sea pearl and am looking for ideas on what to make it into.

I'm thinking a pendant because a pearl ring would mean I need to take it out each time I wash my hands and I don't want to forget/ misplace them.

But then 15mm would be a big pendant so what designs should I do? I do have a 0.3 diamond that I could use. But would 15mm require. More complicated design?

Any ideas/ suggestions pls all? And it'd be great if you have photos...

Thank you!

What a gorgeous decision! To me, a pendant seems the logical choice, since pearls are delicate and are more at risk for damage on a hand. It would be less likely to be knocked about as a necklace.

Whatever you choose, I can't wait for pictures.

Reactions: cdtracing
I would also go with a pendant. For example, I really like this one:
il_570xN.550837645_mfpr.jpg

I would choose a ring as well but that's just my preference. You can see it every time you wear it and there is something just so simple and elegant about a pearl ring.
By the way I have a pearl ring that I adore and wear maybe once a week and I don't remove it when I wash my hands. I would never wear it while using cleaning products or when I'm putting on hand cream but just a hand wash with gentle soap is fine :smile: Good luck in deciding what to do with your pearl [emoji4]

Pendant on a long chain. Maybe you can buy 2 smaller tahitian / South Sea keshi pearls and make a 3 drop pendant, with a little stone between each pearl?

Thank you. Actually, I'm thinking more of a pendant now. I bumped into an acquaintance yesterday and she was wearing a big pearl as a pendant that I felt looked overwhelming. I like big jewelery, but I'm not sure why I thought it wasn't so good. Maybe because the chain was rather short. Maybe it was because the round pearl somehow looked like it "sticks out" (because it's round and big). Maybe she's petite. I'm not sure but it had me thinking a big pendant isn't as balanced when worn.

So I'm looking at rings... and any advice on ring designs would be welcomed...

IMG_3643.PNG Hmmm...definitely a toss ball between the two. And 15mm is bold. But I would vote for a ring. I think it's better suited for that size. My dream pearl ring is a large pearl such as yours surrounded with Tiffany Victoria starburst diamonds set in platinum as in this pic!!!!!
I don't own this ring....it's just on my wish list....

Reactions: JenW
View attachment 3693939 Hmmm...definitely a toss ball between the two. And 15mm is bold. But I would vote for a ring. I think it's better suited for that size. My dream pearl ring is a large pearl such as yours surrounded with Tiffany Victoria starburst diamonds set in platinum as in this pic!!!!!
I don't own this ring....it's just on my wish list....

Nice! I love Tiffany's Victoria series. I have a pair of earrings that was inspired by that.

I'm looking at something simpler but just for daydreaming...

What do you think of this design? It is not symmetrical and I'm not sure if it works for a 15mm but I have a pair of earrings that may go quite well with it

IMG_1494436965.959827.jpg