Champagne Gold Hardware vs Silver

D3183

May 6, 2013
I am purchasing my first diorissimo and do not have a chance to view the bags in person at the boutique - I was wondering if anyone who wears predominantly silver jewelry has purchased a diorissimo with the champagne gold hardware.

I love the black grained diorissimo, but am hesitant about the gold hardware. I also love the royal blue color, but am hesitant because I am pretty rough on my bags.

I already posted about the colors and feel like I am leaning towards the black, but the hardware color is making me hesitate. Can anyone help?

The Diorissimo also comes in black with a pale pink interior with silver hardware. It's exceptionally beautiful, especially since the strong black contrasts with the delicate pink. Best of all, the hardware is silver which is what you want.

Attachments

• Dior Diorissimo black 2.jpg
    Dior Diorissimo black 2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 497
  • Dior Diorissimo black 3.jpg
    Dior Diorissimo black 3.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 511
Hi! Thanks so much for the info. Is that the smooth leather?

I was looking primarily into the grained leather as I figured that would be more durable. If they are equal in durability, then I think I might go for it!

Hi! Thanks so much for the info. Is that the smooth leather?

I was looking primarily into the grained leather as I figured that would be more durable. If they are equal in durability, then I think I might go for it!

It is very durable, like Hermes smooth leathers. It may show creasing a little more easily because it is smooth (this is the nature of all smooth leathers), but the leather is rich and thick, so creasing will be minimal.

I have a black pony hair Diorissimo, interior is that pretty light pink color and hardware is gunmetal (black color). It is my "so black" Diorissimo. The pony hair is not delicate at all, it is pretty sturdy and wears well. That could be an option if you're looking for something neutral in the HW department.

Most of the jewellery I have is silver coloured also and I do try to get silver HW on my purses given a choice. However a great purse design will always trumph a HW colour.

Champagne is a good modern blended colour and works well with silver metal so I do look for that where possible. Occasionally I'll wear a purse with a strong and bright gold HW but only if the purse works best for an event.

Miss-matched metals IMO are more casual and modern but that is a matter of taste and will depend on your own comfort zone. You will know when something works for you when you have it in your hands so make sure you can do a return.