Chamonix leather for handbag

I have a chamonix rouge H clutch which I absolutely adore, and I don't think I could have done a better purchase. That said it's a clutch, and even if I haven't used it a lot, I can tell from now it's quite prone to showing scratches and wear on corners, so even if I love this leather to pieces I wouldn't choose it for an everyday or very big bag.

I find chamonix especially beautiful in rouge H and naturel. For what's regarding black i only like it if it comes with white stitching (but it usually comes with black stitching, whereas rouge H and naturel come with usually come with white stitching)

I was looking at a rouge H plume bag in chamonix. From what you are telling me, this might not be the best choice? I don't want to shell out for an H bag that looks like it has been in a catfight.

YOur clutch is seriously lovely. I agree that really, you couldn't have done better with the combo you have.

Having seen rouge H now in chamonix I'm actually getting a little less fixated with my grail rouge H boxcalf. I love the matte look of chamonic.

Thanks Wong! It's such a pleasure when people tell me they love her (and when I feel it is true obviously;))

I was looking at a rouge H plume bag in chamonix. From what you are telling me, this might not be the best choice? I don't want to shell out for an H bag that looks like it has been in a catfight.

Birkincurious, I am so in love with my clutch! Rouge H in chamonix is probably my very fav combination of color/leather at the moment, so I think that your choice would be the very best aesthetically speaking. For what's regarding wear, chamonix is as prone to scratches as much as box, which could maybe be another option. I know box can be refurbished exceptionally well, and look almost new, but I don't know how well they can refurbish chamonix, since I've only had it for a few months, but I've heard it cannot be refurbished as well as box, I might be wrong, I don't know...

Birkincurious, I am so in love with my clutch! Rouge H in chamonix is probably my very fav combination of color/leather at the moment, so I think that your choice would be the very best aesthetically speaking. For what's regarding wear, chamonix is as prone to scratches as much as box, which could maybe be another option. I know box can be refurbished exceptionally well, and look almost new, but I don't know how well they can refurbish chamonix, since I've only had it for a few months, but I've heard it cannot be refurbished as well as box, I might be wrong, I don't know...

Would be interesting to find out. I have a rouge H boxcalf birkin and so far so good. At least if it gets roughed up I know it can be given spa treatment. I want a bag I can use in most veryday situations so this might not be the leather I need. I have to agree with you in the aesthetics though, stunning.

^^^:yes:

So that people know what we're talking about:

Attachments

• maharani veau chamonix rouge H 2 resized watermarked.JPEG
    maharani veau chamonix rouge H 2 resized watermarked.JPEG
    63.5 KB · Views: 184
  • maharani veau chamonix rouge H 5 resized watermarked.JPEG
    maharani veau chamonix rouge H 5 resized watermarked.JPEG
    74.8 KB · Views: 203
  • maharani veau chamonix rouge H 3 resized watermarked.JPEG
    maharani veau chamonix rouge H 3 resized watermarked.JPEG
    77.8 KB · Views: 202
Rouge H is slightly brighter than what it is in boxcalf, and also, just like every other dark H color, the way it looks changes a lot with different lightings:

Attachments

• maharani veau chamonix rouge H 1 resized watermarked.JPEG
    maharani veau chamonix rouge H 1 resized watermarked.JPEG
    102.2 KB · Views: 191
  • natural light 3 resized watermarked.JPEG
    natural light 3 resized watermarked.JPEG
    70.8 KB · Views: 179
  • veau chamonix rouge H natural light resized.jpeg
    veau chamonix rouge H natural light resized.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 174
  • veau chamonix rouge H direct sunlight resized.jpeg
    veau chamonix rouge H direct sunlight resized.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 179
TT, your maharani clutch is so beautiful. I really would love one of those....~~~sigh~~~

Is chamonix permanently damaged by rain?
ETA: What I mean to say is, can it be refurbished if the opaque spots happen?

Chamonix Birkin 35 in Natural. The handles are already taking on a "shiney" appearence like boxcalf, as HG said it would. I LOVE this bag:

Attachments

• Chamonix Birkin1.JPG
    Chamonix Birkin1.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 301
Chamonix is beauutiifuull. It has this natural glow and it doesn't scratch as easily compared to the box calf. I've had my Natural birkin for years and it still looks very new.

Yes, like what others have said, it can take a little rain. But if possible, try to take it out in the sun instead :P

Chamonix Birkin 35 in Natural. The handles are already taking on a "shiney" appearence like boxcalf, as HG said it would. I LOVE this bag:

Gorgeous bag GF! Love the natural chamonix with contrast white stitching. This is one of the nicest combination like look great in either gold or palladium hardware.

One thing I love with chamonix is the unique matte finish of this structured leather. The natural color is such an amazing mutable color that goes well with almost anything and can be carried all year round. The rouge H looks great with contrast white stitching and palladium hardware on a Kelly.