Chameleon Reveal!

So so sorry about your stolen Fendi! ^^^
Mine is smooth leather and holding up great. The leather is very thick yet lightweight, but the color is really nice and deep and saturated, so stratches are not noticeable. I have the Prune color.
Let us know what you get.

Hermancat - I am looking at the Fendi Chameleon in the pebbled Cognac and a Cherry/Bordeaux mix that I think is really rich and lovely. The Cherry/Bordeaux is the smoother leather though. How's your Prune Chameleon holding up, now two months later? I love both colors, but I really want the bag to be practical and durable. My sister has a Spy with pebbled leather and it's worn very well, so I'd be worried about the smoother leather showing every little scratch and blemish. Would love your thoughts! x

Last edited:
Yea i did...its the first time i found.a designer bag at my nearest marshalls ...yayyy!!!! thank u

I am glad you got a deal, but I do think Fendi needs to tighten up their distribution and pricing.

You should not be able to buy Fendi and BlueFly, Overstock and Marshalls.

Part of the reason they are marked down is because Fendi is too quick to raise the prices on bags that sell well so then they have to purge some of those that were too overpriced to begin with.

The folks in Rome need a little direction from me. Lol

I really loved it!! I had been looking for a roomy bag that 1) had a shoulder strap, 2) had a number of compartments for organization, 3) kept its shape without being hard, and 4) was a dark color so that I wouldn't have to worry as much about scratches and scuffs. My dark brown chameleon was so perfect.

You should definitely check it out. It goes with just about everything, and can be dressed up or down. I would definitely consider getting another, but I tend to wait until bags are on sale before I get them. (I got that brown Chameleon for over 50% off on Bluefly when I initially bought it.) So I'm just going to have to cross my fingers that another beauty comes around!!

Good luck, and let me know if you end up with a Chameleon!!

That's terrible. Theft makes you feel so violated. I hope the pers were caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Perhaps that is wishful thinking, but I know how you feel.

Hermancat - I am looking at the Fendi Chameleon in the pebbled Cognac and a Cherry/Bordeaux mix that I think is really rich and lovely. The Cherry/Bordeaux is the smoother leather though. How's your Prune Chameleon holding up, now two months later? I love both colors, but I really want the bag to be practical and durable. My sister has a Spy with pebbled leather and it's worn very well, so I'd be worried about the smoother leather showing every little scratch and blemish. Would love your thoughts! x

Sorry for late reply. My Prune leather is holding up better than I expected. The leather is smooth, but thick and durable. I have rubbed a few scratches out with my finger and it is looking great still.
Did you get a Cherry/Bordeaux?

That's terrible. Theft makes you feel so violated. I hope the pers were caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Perhaps that is wishful thinking, but I know how you feel.

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, the purse was stolen in Oakland, and let's face it, the police there have way worse crimes to deal with than stolen goods. It's all good though - I've made my peace with it, and just hope that my beautiful Chameleon isn't in a dumpster somewhere... :smile:

Hi ms_simone!
I love your bag. Lovely! Is this a large size? How about the leather . Does it scratch easily? Any issues on color transfers? I want to have one in this color.
:smile::smile::smile:

Hiya! Sorry for the late reply! I don't think the chameleon comes in sizes. It does have a potential to scratch if you shove it underneath a seat in the plane but other than that the bag seems pretty hardy really... No issues at all with color transfers. I love love love my Chameleon.. It's such a great bag for just stuffing all sorts of items in from scarf to a digital camera to make up kit! Good luck and hope you enjoy your purchase! Reebonz has them on sale from time to time!

Ok ladies, I'm not sure if you guys saw in a different thread, but my beautiful Cognac Fendi was stolen last weekend. I'm thinking about getting another one in the non-pebbled leather, but I'm concerned that scratches will be more visible, etc. For all of you who have the smooth leather versions, how have they held up so far?
Without going into the last page of this thread, and having a smooth leather chameleon, I must warn you it is going to be so much more fragile than your pebbled one... Did you buy one yet?

Curses whoever stole it. Ugh!

I really loved it!! I had been looking for a roomy bag that 1) had a shoulder strap, 2) had a number of compartments for organization, 3) kept its shape without being hard, and 4) was a dark color so that I wouldn't have to worry as much about scratches and scuffs. My dark brown chameleon was so perfect.

You should definitely check it out. It goes with just about everything, and can be dressed up or down. I would definitely consider getting another, but I tend to wait until bags are on sale before I get them. (I got that brown Chameleon for over 50% off on Bluefly when I initially bought it.) So I'm just going to have to cross my fingers that another beauty comes around!!

Good luck, and let me know if you end up with a Chameleon!!
They always have it on sale in Reebonz! Have you checked? When I say always I mean every other week or so, for 3 day events! Worth checking out!

Hiya! Sorry for the late reply! I don't think the chameleon comes in sizes. It does have a potential to scratch if you shove it underneath a seat in the plane but other than that the bag seems pretty hardy really... No issues at all with color transfers. I love love love my Chameleon.. It's such a great bag for just stuffing all sorts of items in from scarf to a digital camera to make up kit! Good luck and hope you enjoy your purchase! Reebonz has them on sale from time to time!

Thanks ms_simone:smile::smile::smile: