chameleon insert is the winner

Great to see this thread resurrected. I received my black medium Chameleon and it works beautifully. I never cared for these things until I read this thread. It makes changing bags much, much easier. I love that the Chameleon has a "bottom".

orchids, have you tried the chameleon in your 37 bolide? i'd love to see pics/hear your thoughts. i'm thinking of getting one for mine (at this rate, we should get a discount for buying them in bulk!) do they make one in orange?

Sorry for the delay in response; the medium Chameleon insert works beautifully in the 37cm Clemence Bolide, better than the large IMO, and I even use it in my 35cms and can even squash it into my 32cm sellier Kelly. And yes, they do make it in orange!

Those concerned with closing their 35cms should consider the medium size--the straps close nicely and it doesn't bulge assuming you don't fill up your bags; the only downside in a 35cm is that it doesn't fill up the space as nicely so you have some extra room in there where it could slide around, but that could be a positive--you could stick a sunglass case on the side.

Otherwise, the large Chameleon is a perfect fit in a 35cm...especially if you leave the straps open.

xoxo orchids! here's a stupid question: if the point of an insert is to make changing bags easier, should i buy one in a neutral color to fit in multiple bags? i would love one to match my potiron and one to match my bj, but that doesn't make sense, does it??

My theory is to buy a color you'd enjoy seeing; I think an orange one is a nice color that will go with your BJ and your potiron! Having said that, I was boring and got the medium in Chocolate, and my larges are in the Greys. If I had to do it again, I'd probably pick a more fun color!

^I agree Orchids. I was boring and got khaki for my small and large inserts.

I'm doing another order again soon (need a med for the 30 - large is a bit tight in there, and I have to take out the stiffeners) and will do a fun colour this time. I'd ordered a pink for my SIL and it's great.

^^Too funny WN--I was just on the website checking out the hot pink inserts...I think I may have to get another one; the medium one will fit beautifully into your 30.

After sitting on this for a while, I finally decided that I'm going to order the xsturdy for my 35cm birkin. But orchids- are you saying that I should get the regular large if I want to close the bag sometimes? It is hard to close the xsturdy in a 35cm?

WN, I'll post pics in the morning; my camera's being charged right now--I'd say it's more of a dark chocolate--very pretty.

Smurfet, if you take out the cardboard inserts (the removable stiffeners) the x-sturdy should be fine and it looks better when it's closed. You can close it with the stiffeners, but to me (being very anal), it makes the center part bulge and makes the bag look more square than rectangular if that makes sense.

smurfet, I also have the extra sturdy for my 35, and I take out the cardboard because the corners poke into the side of my birkin whether open or closed. But I put the cardboard back in for another tote I have that's floppy and needs the extra support. The small fits my Chanel medium classic flap perfectly. These make great little gifts, by the way. Every friend and relative who's seen it wants one.

^smurfet I have the large and it really does stay up pretty much by itself (with the two side inserts) even in my clemence 35 Birkin, which isn't exactly the stiffest of Birkins.

I had never heard of Chameleon inserts before and I just wanted to say thank you for mentioning them. I purchased the large size in hot pink. I love it. Thanks again.