Chambray Candace vs Courtenay

giggles016

O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
I am driving myself crazy trying to decide which one to order with PCE. Of course, my FP store didn't have either bag in stock :pout:. Please help me decide which to choose! I like the look of the Candace, but I'm not sure if I want to pay $75 more for that style (PCE price).

They are so different. The Courtenay is more casual. If you are looking for something more business-like, then I would get the Candace.

I chose the Courtenay over the duffle partly because of the price, but also because I like the turnlock on the pocket.

The chambray is a gorgeous color but I think it might work better with the Courtenay.

My Candace falls over and has a creae across it :sad:. Courtenay!

My chambray Candace doesn't do that. Have you taken it to fp to have them look at it?

I LOVE my Candace. The perfect combination of structure with slouch. Great organization with 2 inside zip pockets. You can see everything in it when you open it. Very classy bag.

Courtenay is a good looking bag as well, but they are really different. The only reason I didn't get a Courtenay was I didn't like that I would have to stack my stuff on top of each other.

You will need to go with ever which one calls you more. Good luck!!

Thank you for all of the feedback ladies!

I haven't tried my stuff in either bag. I usually carry a regular size Sophia. Would you say Courtenay is about the same size as a Sophia? Is Candace quite a bit larger than Sophia?

I don't have a small Sophia. My stuff fits in but there is not any more room. Candace is bigger than a sophia and will hold much more.

Check out the Candace Clubhouse thread. There are some great pictures there.

Are you more a shoulder bag or satchel girl? Do you carry a lot?

I used to be only a shoulder bag girl, but now I love both. Actually, I find myself carrying satchels more lately. I don't carry a ton- a large wallet, wristlet, makeup bag, a diaper and some wipes for my toddler, and a couple of snacks for her.

I am also a SAHM. Do you think the Candace is too professional looking?

My chambray Candace doesn't do that. Have you taken it to fp to have them look at it?

I LOVE my Candace. The perfect combination of structure with slouch. Great organization with 2 inside zip pockets. You can see everything in it when you open it. Very classy bag.

Courtenay is a good looking bag as well, but they are really different. The only reason I didn't get a Courtenay was I didn't like that I would have to stack my stuff on top of each other.

You will need to go with ever which one calls you more. Good luck!!

I agree tlo! With Candace I can see all my stuff without it having to be cluttered or everything piled on top of everything.
@giggles016-I think Candace is a great style for sahm's, buisness ladie's, or for just whoever prefers it :smile: I work at home, but I've been using mine since getting it,for errands, meetings, shopping etc. Good luck on whatever bag you opt for.

I agree tlo! With Candace I can see all my stuff without it having to be cluttered or everything piled on top of everything.
@giggles016-I think Candace is a great style for sahm's, buisness ladie's, or for just whoever prefers it :smile: I work at home, but I've been using mine since getting it,for errands, meetings, shopping etc. Good luck on whatever bag you opt for.

I hate having my stuff piled up on top of each other too. I am very OCD when it comes to the inside of my bags :smile:. I have a spot for everything, and everything needs to be laying upright and in a particular order. Maybe the Candace is a better option for me. I'm just worried it's going to be huge compared to Sophia.

If you normally carry stuff that fits in a Sophia, I don't think you will have to stack your stuff in Courtenay. For me Sophia is the perfect size purse and the Courtenay works for me.

I hate having my stuff piled up on top of each other too. I am very OCD when it comes to the inside of my bags :smile:. I have a spot for everything, and everything needs to be laying upright and in a particular order. Maybe the Candace is a better option for me. I'm just worried it's going to be huge compared to Sophia.

I got the dimensions for you :smile: Reg. Sophia 14 1/4(L) X 9 1/2 (H)X 3 1/4(W)-Med Candace-13 1/4 (L) X 10 3/4(H) X 5(W)-I hope this helps

I guess you have to decide on what you can see yourself using down the road. I personally love the extra zip pockets in my candace. They keep me very organized! The handles go over my shoulder with or without a coat. But if you like the cross body strap, then the courtenay may be a better option.
I know its hard to chose when the bags are both functional for different reasons. Let us know what you decide.:smile: