Challenge: Wedding party dress for Swedie

Swedie

Us bound
Dec 9, 2005
Okay, so I already have my bridal gown for the wedding in Sweden. It's being made after my measurements right now, should be ready in March (I'll pick it up in the US in April). So, that's what I'm wearing on my wedding day.

In July we're having a post Wedding party at FH's parents house in Chicago for everyone who can't make it to Sweden (his close family is flying over, but obviously a lot of people can't make it). It's going to be pretty casual there, so I'm not wearing my wedding gown again. So I need a cute, white, summery but really classy dress for the party. I like classic design, and I want to be striking :biggrin: I'm thinking knee lenght or just above the knees. I've been looking at soooo many dresses but I can't find what I need :sad: Since I know all you ladies are amazing fashionistas I figured you could help me :idea: My limit moneywise is about $400 I'd say, I'd love it if it was less than that.

After that party we're going on our honeymoon, I'm so excited about this whole upcoming summer!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

THANK YOU lovely ladies!

Not knee-length but very lovely, not too formal.... All from J.Crew:

63050_NA6434_SP06_m.jpg

72169_NA6434_SP06_m.jpg

70030_NA6434_SP06_m.jpg

(This one below is $500)
65597_NA6434_SP06_m.jpg

Ooooh, IntlSet, Thank you!! :biggrin: I like them! I was thinking of something a little shorter and more casual, but these are all great choices! I just checked out the Jcrew website and they have so many cute dresses, I will definitely go there in April when I'm in the Us again! Thanks!

More suggestions peeps? :biggrin:

a lot of those jcrew dresses could be altered to knee-length quite easily and i love the shape of the upper part of all of them! and most jcrew dresses aren't particularly expensive.

that is sooo funny! The first thing I thought of when I read Swedie's question was Jcrew! I think they have lovely sophisticated things for a great price!

Try Ann Taylor once their summer line rolls out...they have some really cute dresses.

Here are some options from Neimanmarcus.com

Tracey Reese, $355

David Meister, $280

David Meister, $330

Tracy Reese, $410 (I know it's not white, but it is really pretty)

Anne Klein, $395 (again, not white, but pretty)
NM-0KR9_ap.jpg

Sean Combs, $300

Laundry, $265

Ladies, you are all amazing :love: Thanks so much for helping me in this time of despair :P I like the Anne Klein Suli! ;)

Ayla, that's really pretty, but $1400 is out of my budget :P Heck, I could buy a dress AND a Vuitton for that :biggrin:

Swedie said:
Ladies, you are all amazing :love: Thanks so much for helping me in this time of despair :P I like the Anne Klein Suli! ;)

Ayla, that's really pretty, but $1400 is out of my budget :P Heck, I could buy a dress AND a Vuitton for that :biggrin:

Oops.. didn't see the budget ! :shame: