Chains on Chanel bags different?

Pam_I_am

Jul 9, 2013
I was comparing the chains on my classic flap and my woc and they seemed to be different. The chain on the classic is a lot lighter in weight and in the gold hardware color. It's almost plasticky!? The woc is a lot heavier and the gold hardware is brighter. I know they're real since the classic was bought at a chanel boutique and the woc was from chanel at saks. They were bought less than a year apart. Does anyone else notice this with their bags?

I was comparing the chains on my classic flap and my woc and they seemed to be different. The chain on the classic is a lot lighter in weight and in the gold hardware color. It's almost plasticky!? The woc is a lot heavier and the gold hardware is brighter. I know they're real since the classic was bought at a chanel boutique and the woc was from chanel at saks. They were bought less than a year apart. Does anyone else notice this with their bags?

I haven't noticed, but I will check . When / where was each bag made?

The hardware changes all the time.
Even between the classic vintage models it goes from like really rounded to really angled to less angled. And from really large and chunky on the jumbos to less chunky. And from 18k gold plated to NOT.

The hardware changes all the time.
Even between the classic vintage models it goes from like really rounded to really angled to less angled. And from really large and chunky on the jumbos to less chunky. And from 18k gold plated to NOT.

I know that the hardware changes and they are different on each model. I just found it odd that the hardware on something classic was like I said "plasticky". The feel of it as well as the weight. The chain on my woc on the other hand feels heavy and legit lol. Anyway thanks for the info :smile:

Ok my WOC was made in France , chain feels substantial. Jumbo made in Italy feels substantial as well, but wider. I really don't know if they're gold plated etc. Mmm maybe if I looked in those nice booklets they gave me? Ok I will due more research and be back.

Ok my WOC was made in France , chain feels substantial. Jumbo made in Italy feels substantial as well, but wider. I really don't know if they're gold plated etc. Mmm maybe if I looked in those nice booklets they gave me? Ok I will due more research and be back.

I forgot to mention my flap is 18 series and woc is 19. I just find it strange that the chain on the M/L is very lightweight. It doesn't feel as solid as the chain on my woc. Anyway thanks for doing your research :smile:

I forgot to mention my flap is 18 series and woc is 19. I just find it strange that the chain on the M/L is very lightweight. It doesn't feel as solid as the chain on my woc. Anyway thanks for doing your research :smile:

Wouldn't u want the m/l to have a lighter feel to it... I wish my classics have a lighter chain, they all dig into my shoulders.

the hardware changes a lot, but doesn't the classic have a larger chain than the WOC? Unless your classic has a WOC chain, and then I suppose it may just be a different style. They have a lot of different hardware

What are your bags origins?
Last year when my first WOC black caviar came it was so different looking I returned it and asked my SA to order another. It was black caviar - quilts were flat and the color was matte as in no shine at all. It still looked ok, but since I had never seen caviar look that way I decided to wait for
another batch - it was made in Spain. A few weeks later the 2nd one arrived and it looked the way I thought it was going to look - puffy / shiney and it was made in France. That I am aware Chanel leather goods are made in France, Italy and Spain, so there could be differences in production which is probably ok in that it makes each bag a little unique.

What are your bags origins?
Last year when my first WOC black caviar came it was so different looking I returned it and asked my SA to order another. It was black caviar - quilts were flat and the color was matte as in no shine at all. It still looked ok, but since I had never seen caviar look that way I decided to wait for
another batch - it was made in Spain. A few weeks later the 2nd one arrived and it looked the way I thought it was going to look - puffy / shiney and it was made in France. That I am aware Chanel leather goods are made in France, Italy and Spain, so there could be differences in production which is probably ok in that it makes each bag a little unique.

They're both from Italy. I still love my bags uniqueness and all :smile: