Chaine d'Ancre bracelet Vs. another solid silver bracelet

Personally speaking as someone who hankers after getting a Chaine d'Ancre bracelet I just dont think this looks as nice.
I cant put my finger on 'why' but I dont feel the urge to hit 'buy' on this despite the low price.
Its not to do with it not being Hermes it just misses in a way I cant put my finger on.

If you were to compare the two side x side, undoubtedly, Hermes quality would be very evident. The refinement of the links, weight of the silver and toggle closure would be some aspects to consider when reviewing the options. HTH.

I think it depends on the look you're going for. When I zoom in to the link you provided, the silver seems to appear less polished than the H bracelet, and looks a bit more rugged. I couldn't comment on the weight, etc. of this bracelet. So if you're aiming for a bit more of a casual look, then maybe this bracelet could be an option.

Last edited:
I’m looking at the H Chaine d'Ancre bracelet (silver chainlink). I also saw this bracelet https://lucasandstone.com/product/chunky-silver-link-bracelet/ and would love to know if the Hermes version would be measureably better, other than of course being wonderful because it’s Hermès. Both are solid, or at least I assume the Hermes bracelet is.

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Personally, I would buy the Hermes one, because I would not like knowing that I am wearing something that is a 'ripoff' (I know that it is not the world's most original design, but still). As another example, I would not buy any shoes with that specific stud design that are not Valentino for the same reason -- not because I would only wear designer shoes, but because it feels strange to me.

If that would not bother you and if, perhaps, you are not sure that it is your style and that you would wear the bracelet often, then buy the non-Hermes one. There are probably similar designs available at multiple places as well.

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut