Chain thickness for diamond pendant - 1MM or 1.5MM?

Aug 2, 2009
I have a question for normal chain thickness I should select for diamond pendant.

Pendant is about 2 inches in length. It is black and white diamond sparkling pendant.

Chain is 16" cable box style.

Should I go for 1mm or 1.5mm in width? I would like this in 18K white gold setting.

Many thanks!

In a case like this, I would always opt for the thicker chain. As far as durability goes, it is well worth it (just like it is worth the expense, IMO, to have a lobster claw clasp). There isn't a huge difference between the two, and with a 2" pendant, it will easily be able to hang from a 1.5 mm and still make the chain look delicate; it shouldn't change the overall look of the piece to have the slightly thicker chain.

In a case like this, I would always opt for the thicker chain. As far as durability goes, it is well worth it (just like it is worth the expense, IMO, to have a lobster claw clasp). There isn't a huge difference between the two, and with a 2" pendant, it will easily be able to hang from a 1.5 mm and still make the chain look delicate; it shouldn't change the overall look of the piece to have the slightly thicker chain.

Thank you HauteMama.