Chain straps

CaptainPicard

Oct 5, 2007
How well do chain straps hold up..I've never owned one but am considering get the below bag. I'm kind of afraid over time one of the chains might break or if the bag fell off my should and caught on something etc. the chain(s) *could * break. Also since this is a white bag and it would be against my body as its a tote would color transfer be an issue ? I'm thing yes...AND is this more for the young set or could a 53 year old get away with carrying, honest now please...
The marigold in this is an option too but its kind of bright ...

352qivq.jpg

A 53 year old can carry any damn thing she wants. :biggrin: Personally, I have never had a problem with chain straps, but color transfer is something to think about with a light colored bag. Go for it!

I don't know anything about chain straps but as far as your age goes, you aren't too old for this bag. I would worry about color transfer but I don't know how much of a problem it would be. The only bag I have had problems with color transfer is a fabric bag and I think that is because of the roughness of the fabric.

I don't think you're too old for this bag at all; carry what you love and don't worry about it! That tote is super cute! The only thing I would be concerned with is color transfer. The chain straps should be fine, as long as you aren't an extreme bag overloader lol.

It's beautiful! I have a couple bags with chain straps, no problems. Color transfer could be an issue, but just spray it with Apple spray. I've noticed that when I spray my light colored bags, they still get color transfer, but it wipes off very easily.

I have the poppy leather quilted tote in parchment from Fall, and the chains on her are lightweight. Also, as far as color transfer goes, I wear mostly all dark clothing and no issues. *knock wood* If you like that bag, get it! It's an adorable Spring bag!