chain indentation

Anyone know the best way to get a indentation from a leather bag?
The chain laid on the Chanel leather for so long it has a indentation on the leather.

Please be careful if you try this. It was suggested to me by my wonderful Chanel SA. Put a towel over your bag. Use a clothes steamer (NOT an iron) and steam the area. Don't put the steamer directly on your bag. Less is best. Check the area. If still indented, try again after it's totally dry. I tried this with a bag that was not packaged correctly by another Chanel store when I was traveling and it really did help get out the indents from the chain. The SA who suggested this said they use this method at the boutique. Make sure to do a "trial run" with another bag and carefully so as to not ruin your bag. Also, try rubbing it out with your fingers as well. Best of luck! :smile:

Please be careful if you try this. It was suggested to me by my wonderful Chanel SA. Put a towel over your bag. Use a clothes steamer (NOT an iron) and steam the area. Don't put the steamer directly on your bag. Less is best. Check the area. If still indented, try again after it's totally dry. I tried this with a bag that was not packaged correctly by another Chanel store when I was traveling and it really did help get out the indents from the chain. The SA who suggested this said they use this method at the boutique. Make sure to do a "trial run" with another bag and carefully so as to not ruin your bag. Also, try rubbing it out with your fingers as well. Best of luck! :smile:

Great advice tutu. If the bag is vintage and the dents have been there a long time, it may be much more difficult. If the dent is recent, it has a better chance of working.