Chain extenders

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Was wondering if anyone ever purchased strap extenders from here?
    http://www.mautto.com/

I'm thinking of getting the nickel and brass chains to make my cities cross-body, but was
    hoping for some feedback first.

What do you guys think?

2. hmm I have never seen this site but have seen chain extenders on eBay

3. I have scoured Etsy, ebay and everywhere, but so far have not been able to find a good match for Bal RH.

I was thinking about having a custom Muatto strap made for my black RH City, but I ordered a stock strap first (for another bag) and I don't think I'd be happy with either their leather or their antique brass hardware as matches for Bal's.

[​IMG]

I also ordered some brushed gold O rings (to try to match the Bal Hamilton gold HW) for the chains I ordered from American Purse (the lobster claw clasp broke on one). The finish is sort of ok but they are too big. (Hard to tell from these pics - sorry.)

[​IMG]

(Just noticed that these antique brass chains from American Purse have almost tarnished enough to match Bal RH - they were too bright before.)

Maybe you'll have much better luck with the nickel :smile:

4. Thanks so much for the info. and pics. Very helpful.

5. You're welcome :smile: Please keep us posted and let us know if you find things that work for you.

*hugs bulldog*