"chain bag" for evening

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This caught my eye (in RED) on YSL.com. :graucho:

http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Women/Handbags/Evening/P-Chain%20Bag.aspx

The size is listed as 5”H x 6”W x 2”D. Wondering if anybody has seen it IRL and whether it will fit the cocktail party essentials? (For me: BlackBerry, keys, lipstick, compact)

Opinions? Thoughts?

I like the price and the long chain; I'm not good at parties holding a clutch in one hand and a drink in the other...and then hitting the buffet table, lol. Not enough hands for that. :P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. I've seen it at NM and it's a cute little bag. Since it's 2" deep, you would have enough room for the essentials you listed. I'm biased, though, because it's like a mini version of my patent Catwalk (with a chain and the toggle on the front, of course) which I love!

Normally, I don't like the croc embossed patent in red because I think it's just too much with the glossy patent, embossed pattern and bright red color, but this bag is so tiny that I think you can get away with it. The black is still my favorite, but if I saw the red at a party, I know I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes off of it. :girlsigh:

3. ^Thanks shazam. My thinking exactly on the bright red patent: I'd probably only go for it in a smaller bag like this. Although if YSL did a Catwalk in this red--or the deeper red on the upcoming Majorelle--I would def be tempted to get that!

4. Just found this pic on Saks.com of the interior. It looks relatively roomy for an evening bag.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. I like how you have the option to double up the chain or let it all the way down for two different lengths.

6. I have been eyeing this bag, in red, on YSL's site for a few days now. I'm seriously considering it.

7. It would make a beautiful evening accessory !!

8. I've seen it -- good size for evening -- not flat, so you can fit a good amount in it without it looking stuffed.

9. Hello,

Here are some more pics...I hope this helps! I think it's a very cute and classic bag.

best wishes, BeautifulBasics:heart:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. So cosmo, what did you decide??? It is a cute little bag:smile:

I have such a hard time getting excited about evening bags. I use them so seldom it seems a waste. Until I get dressed and find I DON"T have one that goes with the outfit. I love bags, but evening bags to me are kind of like a necessary evil. I don't really enjoy them...how sad...

11. I def want it. I'm moving it near the top of my LONG LONG wishlist. :nuts:

I don't have many "evening bags" either and I realized the other day that I need some more in my wardrobe. I like this YSL because its not so dressy that I also can't wear it with more-casual outfits or for running around shopping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice