Chain Around Messenger, will you consider?

Bluekit, thank you so much! I love the bag in blue from the 12C, but the chain is quite long even for cross body. But I prefer to carry it as a shoulder bag with double chain, what do you think?

My SA sent me a picture of the Lg Black Chain Around today. Last Cruise I bought the Lg in Reddish Brown and used it everyday. Love this bag so much!!! I contemplated buying it in black so maybe in a different silhouette. But if anyone is looking for the Lg in black. Email my SA she's awesome. Her email is [email protected] or [email protected].

Bluekit, thank you so much! I love the bag in blue from the 12C, but the chain is quite long even for cross body. But I prefer to carry it as a shoulder bag with double chain, what do you think?

The blue from 12C is gorgeous! But yes, the chain is quite long even for crossbody unless you are very tall. Most of the time I tied a bit of the chain under the flap so I could wear it messenger style. I tried doubling the chain but weight of the double chains either pops the bag open or it wings the flap out, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for your advice! Bluekit. Yes, I love the the 12C blue on the CAM and considering it, if not because of the double chain issue, I would have brought it home. Will be back to store and try it again.

There's a big thread on the chain around collection here. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/cruise-2011-the-chain-around-collection-622521.html

The 12C CAM is the same as the one made in 11C with the exception of the treatment of the leather used. 12C uses a washed lambskin (less "wrinkles") for the chain around ligne while 11C is distressed lambskin.

my SA (a trusted one on tpf) said it was washed calfskin. is it really washed lambskin?? i was hoping for calfskin for durability...darn.

my SA (a trusted one on tpf) said it was washed calfskin. is it really washed lambskin?? i was hoping for calfskin for durability...darn.

It's washed lamb. Just a different treatment from 11C. I don't think durability is going to be an issue...these are not your regular classic flap lambs, which are more prone to scratches, relatively speaking. I have a lighter color distressed lamb from 11C and it has held up great and I was using it daily for months. :smile:

It's washed lamb. Just a different treatment from 11C. I don't think durability is going to be an issue...these are not your regular classic flap lambs, which are more prone to scratches, relatively speaking. I have a lighter color distressed lamb from 11C and it has held up great and I was using it daily for months. :smile:
oh, that's great to know! i bought the 12c blue medium CAM, but haven't used it yet. thank you for the information! :biggrin:

oh, that's great to know! i bought the 12c blue medium CAM, but haven't used it yet. thank you for the information! :biggrin:

No prob! And congrats!! The blue is my favorite color from 12C!! :love: I probably posted this before but I've also used the Cadillac lotion and LMB's miracle shields to remove any transfers I've had on my distressed lamb. You may want to pick a bottle up...I think I bought my Cadillac lotion from Amazon.com.

No prob! And congrats!! The blue is my favorite color from 12C!! :love: I probably posted this before but I've also used the Cadillac lotion and LMB's miracle shields to remove any transfers I've had on my distressed lamb. You may want to pick a bottle up...I think I bought my Cadillac lotion from Amazon.com.
thank you again! i actually bought a bottle already for another bag. :P