Chain Around Maxi Dilemma -- Quick help needed!

Lavender Blue Chain Around Maxi Flap?

• Get it - It's versatile and classic enough to justify another

• Pass - One is enough!

Results are only viewable after voting.

bluekit

CC x DY
O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Hi everyone! :smile:
I'm hopelessly in love with the Chain Around (CA) ligne and thought I had my last fix when I, with the assistance of a great tpfer here, located the last dark beige Chain around Maxi flap in the entire country after doing a lot of calling. I've been enjoying the bag a lot and considered it one of my best buys from Chanel in terms of functionality, practicality and looks! :love:

Then, fast forward 12C and just when I thought I was doing good, while secretly drooling over the blue (or some calls it the lavender blue) chain around medium messenger, a SA sent me a picture of the CA maxi flap in the blue.

So now I need your help!! :nuts: Should I get the CA maxi in the lavender blue? My main concerns are as follows:
- I don't like duplicating bags, even bags within the same collection.
- Is the CA maxi going to be a bag I'll wear 3 years from now? Will it look dated? Or is it classic enough looking to justify another?
- Is it a color versatile enough for everyday wear? I wear mostly basic colors like black/grey/blues. I've been carrying my Dark Beige CA Maxi flap everywhere, but it is a more neutral color, I think.

Thanks everyone!! :flowers:
I've posted a picture of my dark beige CA maxi next to the lavender blue CA maxi for reference.

My dark beige CA maxi flap
IMAG0824.jpg
IMG-20120113-00548.jpg

LOL. I have the taupe one and want the lavendar one really bag. But I am confused. Some pics it looks blue and some it looks like a pale lavendar.

Your pic there, it looks darker and more blue. Is ths the same one from the BG thread? It looks pale there.
I love this bag, I have only worn it 2 times. But those two times. I have gotten compliments on it . it is gorgeous!

I have the lavender jumbo...love the color....think it is a really great neutral that will go with anything. When I saw the maxi chain around in blue, it did not seem to be the same lavender as my flap. Having said that, I never have a problem duplicating a style. If it is a great bag for you in one color, it wili continue to be so in another as well.

Hi D! :smile: How are you? I'm glad you've broken open the taupe CA maxi. I remembered the last discussion we've had on the bag you said you haven't used it yet so it's great that you've taken her out. I know, the color of this blue lavender bag is all over the place. But the picture I posted above is representative of the actual color of the bag. I haven't not seen it IRL but have seen the color in the medium messenger and LOVES it. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten with the dark beige. Women come up to me at random places to talk to me about the bag. Once I had a girl backed her car up in front of me to ask me where I got it. LOL. I love the bag, wish I could have gotten it in taupe, but I don't repeat bags for colors usually, so this is a tough decision for me. Oh, the price increase is hard to swallow too. What to do... :confused1:

Hi D! :smile: How are you? I'm glad you've broken open the taupe CA maxi. I remembered the last discussion we've had on the bag you said you haven't used it yet so it's great that you've taken her out. I know, the color of this blue lavender bag is all over the place. But the picture I posted above is representative of the actual color of the bag. I haven't not seen it IRL but have seen the color in the medium messenger and LOVES it. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten with the dark beige. Women come up to me at random places to talk to me about the bag. Once I had a girl backed her car up in front of me to ask me where I got it. LOL. I love the bag, wish I could have gotten it in taupe, but I don't repeat bags for colors usually, so this is a tough decision for me. Oh, the price increase is hard to swallow too. What to do... :confused1:

I am good, LOL.
I never use my bags, but I am trying! NYCavalier said the leather is different on this bag, how so?
Now you are asking a girl that loved the expandable ligne and had 5 bags from that ligne, 3 flaps and 2 totes. LOL. I loved it that much. if this is a bag that just does it for you, I say go for it. Price is 3800 now? I want one! if they made a white, it would be mine right now!
I want the blue buff. Get it! haha.

So it is more blue and less lavendar?

I have the lavender jumbo...love the color....think it is a really great neutral that will go with anything. When I saw the maxi chain around in blue, it did not seem to be the same lavender as my flap. Having said that, I never have a problem duplicating a style. If it is a great bag for you in one color, it wili continue to be so in another as well.

Thanks beanskitty! :flowers: The lavender for the classics and the blue lavender for the maxi are very different. I love the lavender and since purple is my favorite color (if you can't tell already LOL), anything in that color scheme draws me in. The blue lavender is a bit more saturated and brighter, which I like, so the real issue with me is repeating the style. Do you think the ca maxi will look dated in a few years? With these prices I have to keep that in mind.

Hi, how was the color different?

I think we need NYC to post all 3 of her bags!

If it's a great bag for you in terms of functionality and style, go for it! I have three reissues and three Jumbos now because I love the styles and like having different colors so I have options for different seasons and wardrobe choices. I know you don't like duplicating bags, but I would make an exception if you really love a particular style and it works well for your lifestyle. Also, if you love the color, you may not be able to get it again in this color since it is seasonal. I agree about the price increase, but, unfortunately, that is now just a fact of life with Chanel bags. They just keep going up up up and we either have to hope for those elusive sale finds or buy pre-loved to avoid the ever rising prices. Good luck with your choice!

I am good, LOL.
I never use my bags, but I am trying! NYCavalier said the leather is different on this bag, how so?
Now you are asking a girl that loved the expandable ligne and had 5 bags from that ligne, 3 flaps and 2 totes. LOL. I loved it that much. if this is a bag that just does it for you, I say go for it. Price is 3800 now? I want one! if they made a white, it would be mine right now!
I want the blue buff. Get it! haha.

So it is more blue and less lavendar?

Yup, definitely more blue, and less lavender. I call it a saturated periwinkle. :smile: This bag really does it for me, considering how much I love smaller-sized bags, this IS really something. The price went from $3250 to $3800, sickening, isn't it? The 11C/11A CA is in distressed/aged lamb, has more wrinkles or lines, while the 12C is in washed lamb, so it's smoother or a botox'ed version of the 11C. :lol: BTW, OT but I pulled the trigger on the light beige large JM in iridescent calf. I know both of us loved the bag.

If it's a great bag for you in terms of functionality and style, go for it! I have three reissues and three Jumbos now because I love the styles and like having different colors so I have options for different seasons and wardrobe choices. I know you don't like duplicating bags, but I would make an exception if you really love a particular style and it works well for your lifestyle. Also, if you love the color, you may not be able to get it again in this color since it is seasonal. I agree about the price increase, but, unfortunately, that is now just a fact of life with Chanel bags. They just keep going up up up and we either have to hope for those elusive sale finds or buy pre-loved to avoid the ever rising prices. Good luck with your choice!

I love the color, but have only seen it in a smaller sized medium CAM. I wonder if it's too much color for a big bag? I have very neutral colored bags, don't like reds unless it's a dark red or wine red, and generally don't go for bright color bags at all. Do you think this color would be work appropriate? Do you think it'll look dated in 3 years? I don't want to say "forever" because nobody knows what "forever" holds but if the bag will last me at least 3+ years, I think it's a good buy despite the price increase.

Yup, definitely more blue, and less lavender. I call it a saturated periwinkle. :smile: This bag really does it for me, considering how much I love smaller-sized bags, this IS really something. The price went from $3250 to $3800, sickening, isn't it? The 11C/11A CA is in distressed/aged lamb, has more wrinkles or lines, while the 12C is in washed lamb, so it's smoother or a botox'ed version of the 11C. :lol: BTW, OT but I pulled the trigger on the light beige large JM in iridescent calf. I know both of us loved the bag.

Botoxed! LOL. haha. Please get it, is it from BG?

You got the JM?!!!! You are brave, I am so scared of transfer. When I wore the taupe CAM, I was scared of getting any transfer on it.
I want to get the white maxi, with GHW and i saw there is a pink patent! Love both of those too.

LOL! I will post pics in the CA thread..

I say GET IT! The color is more vibrant than the jumbo. The jumbo is a true gorgeous light lavender. The CA has more blue in it. The color is out of this world, and IMO very wearable. Go for it!

Botoxed! LOL. haha. Please get it, is it from BG?

You got the JM?!!!! You are brave, I am so scared of transfer. When I wore the taupe CAM, I was scared of getting any transfer on it.
I want to get the white maxi, with GHW and i saw there is a pink patent! Love both of those too.

Thanks for the input! I guess I'm not getting any "no, pass" to this am I? White caviar with ghw classic is a HG combination, but unfortunately I'm done with classics since the last increase. Just really out of reach and don't want to spend that much on a bag. Yeah, party pooper. :lol:
I sprayed my beige before use and condition it once in a while. I've been wearing this bag for 3 months straight and it looks good (with a little cleaning every so often), not delicate at all despite the color. This is the same bag as posted from the BG thread. They are the only one who picked this color up for the maxi.

Thanks for the input! I guess I'm not getting any "no, pass" to this am I? White caviar with ghw classic is a HG combination, but unfortunately I'm done with classics since the last increase. Just really out of reach and don't want to spend that much on a bag. Yeah, party pooper. :lol:
I sprayed my beige before use and condition it once in a while. I've been wearing this bag for 3 months straight and it looks good (with a little cleaning every so often), not delicate at all despite the color. This is the same bag as posted from the BG thread. They are the only one who picked this color up for the maxi.

What spray did you use? I need it!
lol. NYC just posted family pics. I am drooling!