CF Black would you prefer GHW or SHW?

Gold or Silver Hardware

• Gold

Votes: 94 63.1%
  • Silver

Votes: 58 38.9%

• Total voters
I have gold HW on my small lamb CF. It’s vintage, and so beautifully classy. Silver on my black WOC, ruthenium on my black reissue, gold on my 19. Truly, I like them all. And clearly, I like black!

I don’t worry about matching with jewelry. I wear gold and silver anyway.

Reactions: Cali2HI and weezer
I am team gold hw.

However, there are some colors (like cool greys that Chanel has made. And also some reds do better with SHW) that go better with SHW. For those, I make exception.

I am team gold for the smaller/medium flaps but prefer silver on jumbos or maxis. Like everyone else already said, it’s a personal preference… I think you cannot go wrong either ways ☺️

I think ghw may be more versatile on a black CF, you can dress it up or down. shw gives off a youthful/casual vibe. It really comes down to your personal preference and what you plan on using this bag for.

I don’t like black leather with gold. It’s just too much for my style. I prefer gold jewelry over silver/white gold, but I wear delicate jewelry so it’s really different than the your face gold hardware on a bag.

Reactions: am1ly
Try it on, I really think it depends on the individual bag color and your skintone! With black, the gold hardware looks terrible against my skin tone so I went with silver. With beige, gold looked perfect on me. Def get what works for you personally.