Cervo Lux Rx

MrsMammaGoose

Feb 13, 2009
Hello ladies,

I *think* I may have found a solution to the flaking problem that plagues the Cervo Lux finish. I recently bought a pre-owned Cervo Lux tote in Fumo Sfumato because it was just so beautiful that I couldn't resist. Frequenting this forum, I knew about the problems with the finish, so I ordered a bottle of Fiebing's Acrylic Resolene. When the bag arrived (with some typical wear), I lightly brushed the white spots with some color-matched makeup just to even out the color a little bit, and then gave the whole bag two also very light coats of Acrylic Resolene. This is supposed to protect the finish by covering it with a thin glue-like layer. Since Cervo Lux has some shine to it anyway, the Acrylic Resolene did not really alter the glossiness of the bag, but it does not feel so chapped now. I'm hoping that this will stop the flaking.

Of course I just did this over the last couple of days, so the final verdict is still out, but hopefully this may be a solution for all of us who love the finish but have shied away from it because of its delicacy. I was really scared of ruining an expensive bag, but so far, I'm happy to report that it looks exactly the same as before the improvised spa treatment! :yahoo:

Genius to have found something to help the finish, but pathetic that Prada made the finish so poorly that you had to DIY the finish to begin with.

Cervo Lux/Prada makes me crazy. I truly ADORE the look of the Cervo Lux, but at this price point, I expect durability from a bag.

Sorry. Don't mean to sound like I'm raining on your parade. I admire your ingenuity. Just still annoyed at Prada!!

Actually, rain is another thing my newly improved Cervo Lux tote can now withstand! :P

I agree with you; it's a little ridiculous that such an expensive line from such a reputable brand isn't more durable--I'd be upset if I had paid full retail. Luckily for me, this very problem meant that I could actually afford one and unleash my experiments upon it.

Thanks for the useful tip MMG. But is cervo Lux shiny? Or is it metallic? I have a metallic gold-colored Michael Kors bag for years and it still looks good (it was very cheap as well). I hope someday Prada can learn from other brand how to make good and long lasting shiny finish on their bags.