Cervo Lux leather (Alexandra) - Issues?

Jan 29, 2009
I have had my acorn alexandra for a couple of months and I have had no issues. This bag still looks beautiful.

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
The only Alexandra that I have heard any issues about is the gunmetal. But Coach metallics are hit and miss. I think if you buy the non-metallic ones you will have no problems

Kylacove

O.G.
Dec 13, 2009
The thread referred to is about Prada bags. Is the leather really the same or just a coincidence in having the same name (cervo lux)? I have only hear of issues with the metallic Alexandras

paula3boys

O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
my house
The thread referred to is about Prada bags. Is the leather really the same or just a coincidence in having the same name (cervo lux)? I have only hear of issues with the metallic Alexandras
That is my question also. I looked on google for a few pages and saw Coach or Prada results for cervo lux leather and nothing else.

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
The Coach and Prada leathers are totally different, so I doubt you need to worry. "Cervo" usually refers to deerskin, but the the Coach "cervo" is cow leather that is finished to feel similar to cervo, hence the name. The Prada "cervo lux" has a finish to the top of it that seems to wear poorly, but it is in no way the same as the Coach cervo leather.

HTH!

paula3boys

O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
my house
Thanks for that info. I saw some info about deerskin and some about being calfskin so I wasn't sure why both were called cervo lux

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
Sure! Cervo is "deer" in Italian I believe, but I think that term has been used more loosely by some companies (like Coach here) to describe leather with a similar texture.