Cervo Lux - how durable?

I went to prada and the SA there actually advised me against this bag. She said the shimmery treatment might peel or crack after sometime. And the strap might fall off because of the way its attached to the bag. :sad:

I went to prada and the SA there actually advised me against this bag. She said the shimmery treatment might peel or crack after sometime. And the strap might fall off because of the way its attached to the bag. :sad:

what??!!! i feel like writing a letter to prada telling them that their sales people are talking people out of sales!! I cant see how the strap could 'fall off' ... its not possible ... its not stuck on in any way. And ive worn mine for a month and havent had any issues with the glaze. Although i can imagine that over time it might fade from the corners but most bags age in some way or another. I would def buy mine again as its the best bag i have! :heart:

My nylon gauffre's braided strap was attached pretty much the same way and it fell off :sad:

She said that because comparing that to another bag I was looking at, the cervo lux is a more trendy bag and not an everyday bag.

My nylon gauffre's braided strap was attached pretty much the same way and it fell off :sad:

She said that because comparing that to another bag I was looking at, the cervo lux is a more trendy bag and not an everyday bag.

?? I have to seriously disagree... I've had mine since they came out in Nero and have used it virtually every day all winter through snow, sleet and hail in a northern climate and have used for trips and such and have had zero problems!!! i find it hard to believe the strap would fall off!!! And trust me, they WILL be refunding my money if it ever oes b/c that would be a defect.... Not an issue IMO.:confused1:

also what's trendy about it?? That makes no sense to me b/c it's a basic shape and it's black with silver HW. Honestly, that doesn't represent the bag at all, but just my opinion from using it nearly everyday for 4-5 months.....

i dont get how it can come off as its strapped in ... like a shoe strap? The best part is that the chain is remarkably light so i think it'll be fine.

I got caught in the rain the other day and my cervo lux held up SO well - much better than balenciaga bags!

And just out of interest, my brown cervo lux tote IS my everyday bag!! Its actually very plain and simple. But each to their own, right?

Please dont get me wrong. I love this bag and have wanted to get it for a while now. I dont know why some of you are getting so defensive because I am just stating what the SA told me.
I am guessing, purely assuming, the reason why she said its a trendy bag is because of the lux treatment, its pretty new to prada, you can say its one of the current IT prada bag. Also she is saying that in comparison to a plainer looking, normal calfskin tote in exactly the same style. As for the strap, its because I have sent in my gauffre to her TWICE for repair of the braided strap thats attached to the bag in the same way, so she knows that it might come off in the similar way.
Well, at least to me, I appreciate if a SA could tell me her opinion, good or bad of the bag she is selling and not only the good just because she wants to push a sale.
But of course I'm also considering all the testimonies given by all you fans of the bag. It tells me that the bag isnt as bad as she made it out to be. That's what the forum is for.
Just another point which I have noted, it might mean something or nothing at all. Quite a few of these bags have been poping up on ebay. Considering its a pretty new design, I do wonder why these owners are giving up their bags.
Peace.

^ Spendalot, now that you mention it, I recall my SA saying the cervo lux (if we are talking about the same bag) just came out - that it was new to Prada. This was after the fairies have already been released for a few weeks. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm posting only because I remembered that my SA said the same thing about the purse being new to Prada.

Thanks for letting me share.

P.S. cervo lux I'm referring to are the bags/totes that have the shimmery leather (kind of like the ones on the fairies) with thick chain straps.

spendalot - im sorry if i came across defensive - its just a bag and i really dont care who buys it or not (im not that entrenched in the prada cult :P)

I just think its odd that a company would make products that were destined to fail ... and for the life of me i cant imagine how the handle thing can rip off ... but maybe ill learn?!

I dont really think ebay is a good indication of bag quality - look at all the amazing luscious balenciaga bags (am currently having a lemming of the bal kind ... can u tell :graucho:)

Anyways. Hope i didnt upset you or anything ... im just so impressed with my bag and thought that sharing it would be a positive thing.:tup:

SO! What bag are you going to get? share, share!

spendalot - im sorry if i came across defensive - its just a bag and i really dont care who buys it or not (im not that entrenched in the prada cult :P)

I just think its odd that a company would make products that were destined to fail ... and for the life of me i cant imagine how the handle thing can rip off ... but maybe ill learn?!

I dont really think ebay is a good indication of bag quality - look at all the amazing luscious balenciaga bags (am currently having a lemming of the bal kind ... can u tell :graucho:)

Anyways. Hope i didnt upset you or anything ... im just so impressed with my bag and thought that sharing it would be a positive thing.:tup:

Ladies, thank you for contributing your thoughts. As we are unable to meet in real life, sometimes our words can be misinterpreted. :Push:

Also, we are often typing furiously and forget that our excitement can be interpreted as otherwise.

But I'm glad that we are not trolling each other and able to be gracious.

spendalot and mjlover1977

Thank you again for sharing your opinions! Now we know what to look for in the Cervo Lux bags. Again, you are lucky ladies to own them! :okay:

I have the cervo lux chain in astro/talco. I love it!!! It is extremely well made and I can't even imagine the chain falling off!!!! The shimmer the bag gives is amazing!!!! I say go for it!

It's cool ;)
You'll be surprised that some bags are just not perfect. Think the fairy bags that bleed and I read on this forum that some recent miu miu bow satchel has cracked leather merely after some usage.
I dont know how to explain about the strap without pictures. You know the ends where there are leather parts that wrapped around the chain? My gauffre was like that and the braided strap fell out of that leather wrap. I havent got it back yet. Not sure if it can repaired at all because after the first repair, it fell right out again.

I ended up not getting any. I still like the cervo lux for its shimmery finishing. But after what the SA said, my DH will need some major convincing if I still want to get it. The other one was too plain for me and I just got a cervo drawstring from ebay which should be coming through my door today. And Prada sale starts next month! :yahoo: So I will wait till then to see whats up for grabs :graucho:

And no, we're not trolling each other, whatever that means :flowers: