Cervo Lux - how durable?

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
Hey ladies... so I went into our newly redesigned prada boutique after many many months... I basically banned myself, b/c I do love prada and its understated beauties.

Sooooo, of course, I fell in love with two bags: 1) the double zip, triple compartment bronze saffiano bag AND 2) the cervo lux expandable tote in the nude/blush pink color. i ended up going with the latter, the cervo lux, b/c it is such an adorable color and a good size to carry stuff for my kids as well as my things.

But the only thing I worry about is how cervo lux will wear in the long run. I'm not one to chuck my bags around, but I'm not too overprotective either. is the cervo lux a new treatment? like i said, i haven't been in the boutique for a while so i don't know how long it's been out. you have better expertise and experience than some of these SAs.
thanks!

arm candy

Jan 12, 2007
Seattle, WA
I have had a cervo lux in black since it first came out about a year ago, it is an everyday bag for me, holding everything from my laptop to whatever I need. It has held up well! I love this bag - classic, wonderful, comfortable and just plain gorgeous!!! Let's see pics!

aptmtb

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
I love, love, love Prada's Cervo. It is softer than calfskin, more luxurious than lambskin and extremely durable.

My Cervo gets caught in the rain - no problem! It dries without staining.

It is soft, soft, soft.

My favorite all-time bag, for sure.

oxygenated18

Oct 27, 2007
I have the Cervo Lux Chain Tote in Astro/Talc and it's really durable IMO :tup::tup: The other day my sister accidentally spilled water on it (ahh!) and after I wiped it off, the bag still looked brand new. I love the nude/blush color...good choice!

mjlover1977

happy
O.G.
Nov 19, 2007
Sydney, Australia
i have the brown cervo tux tote and while it is amazing and i love it i can see signs of wear around the top ... its a VERY soft leather and i think thats why (as opposed to the shiny stuff). its such a great bag though - ive worn it every day since ive got it.

girlygirl3

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
NYC
Is the Cervo Lux different from the Cervo Antik? I'm new to Prada and I thought Cervo was the deerskin line? At the Saks NY location, I only saw a few styles available - is the brown/cacao color still available? Should I call around?

spendalot

Leather addict
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Oregon
^ Cervo Lux is also deerskin just that it has a different treatment to make it kinda glossy, glittery like. Like the fairy bag and the recent bags with chain straps are all Cervo Lux.

shopETOH

O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
I have the Cervo Luxe as well in Nero and love, love, love it!! I use it as an everyday bag and love that it's glimmery. I am not careful with it at all and it's holding up perfectly. Have no worries about this bag!!!!!!!!

girlygirl3

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
NYC
Oh, I see. That sounds lovely! I've only seen the Cervo that's not lux, just matte. But I have a matte one on hold at Saks until they ship next week!

girlygirl3

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
NYC
Thanks for the photo. That's one of the must-have's, isn't it? :smile: I did not see it at the Saks in NY but it was probably sold out! I'm happy with the one I've put aside.

shopETOH

O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
Totally a must have. In fact, I am SERIOUSLY consdiering buying another in the Nudo for summer. I'm ga-ga in love with it still....:upsidedown: If only they had had one at NM, Saks or Nordie's I would already have her....

mjlover1977

happy
O.G.
Nov 19, 2007
Sydney, Australia
i am seriously still in love with my cervo lux - normally i move on in a few weeks (when a new toy arrives!) but i am still lusting over the soft soft deerskin, shimmery and light!