Cerise Shimmy is here but I don't know if she is me!!!

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
As you will be aware I have been looking for a cerise Shimmy and after the lovely authenticators gave her the thumbs up I decided to buy her.

When I opened her up I thought the colour was perfect and she is lovely. She is the regular size and brand new with her tags (apart from a small ink mark which is why I think she was at the outlet)

However, when I tried her on in front of the mirror I was a bit disappointed. She just doesn't seem to be me iykwim. It's difficult to explain and perhaps she will grow. Perhaps she is just too big for me or just bigger than I am used to.

I'm just not sure!!!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 75
Well, the colour is beautiful Tiree. i really like the look of the bag. I am not familiar with this style though sorry and so am not sure how big it is. Maybe you just need to get used to the size, although is it so big that it would be uncomfortable for you to carry in a relaxed way? Have you got a gap in your collection that it fills, i.e. do you need a bright shoulder bag? And most pointedly, is there any chance that anything other than your divine princess alexa bags stands any chance of a look in at any time in the near future, lol? xxx

Well, the colour is beautiful Tiree. i really like the look of the bag. I am not familiar with this style though sorry and so am not sure how big it is. Maybe you just need to get used to the size, although is it so big that it would be uncomfortable for you to carry in a relaxed way? Have you got a gap in your collection that it fills, i.e. do you need a bright shoulder bag? And most pointedly, is there any chance that anything other than your divine princess alexa bags stands any chance of a look in at any time in the near future, lol? xxx

lol, well, I did have the peony pink Alexa but didn't feel I could carry it off so this is the slightly more conservative PINK!!! I do have a gap for it as I don't have any other pink or bright bags apart from my aqua Mabel.

It's a very soft style but what's putting me off is the rigid base. Perhaps I need to try all my bits n bobs in it so see if I feel better about it. :smile:

Just seen it on you! It honestly looks great, you are lovely and petite but it does not look too big for you imho xx

Thank you, I look awful. Just finished work and in my scabby work clothes (I work with children so old clothes it is!) I had to rush and open the parcel and take pics before my OH comes home as I've been pleading poverty lately, lol :graucho:

honestly, it looks fantastic. I just want to grab that beautiful leather.

I usually stick to brown/choc/black bags but I just love that cerise shimmy style. It is soooo expensive looking.

Amazing bag. Love it.

Work clothes or not, I think you look fab! Agree that you need to wear it round the house a bit to see if you can live with ridgid part that is bothering you. It would be a lovely bag for summer! xx

I had to rush and open the parcel and take pics before my OH comes home as I've been pleading poverty lately, lol :graucho:

KWYM :lol:

I think it looks fantastic on you, but then again you decide according to your feelings. I am sure it will feel better when you put your things in it, a fabulous bag a stunning colour !

You need to put all your stuff into her and see how comfortable you feel with her- for me this size feels too large on me but it seriously doesnt look too big on you- however it is purely how you feel that matters- good luck with the decision

tiree, this cerise shimmy is just wonderful!! I think it looks great ... just a little bit big for you, but what if you try to carry it in your shoulder, probably it won't look as big as messenger style??!? I think regular is a good size, anyway I hope you like this bag!!