Cerf uncertainty

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Hello everyone. I was wanting to know if anyone has a Cerf tote, and if you love it and consider it a classic Chanel. I have one in Black Caviar with GHW, but may want to get a medium flap instead or perhaps the Jumbo. Please help with this decision by sharing your comments. Thanks!

The cerf is not a classic anymore. I would by a Jumbo if you want a classic flap. I prefer flaps! If you need a tote keep the cerf and buy a flap later!

I have 4 flaps (different sizes) and a cerf tote. All these bags serve a very different purpose in my lifestyle. I use my cerf more during summer, travelling and at work. It fits a lot,very carefree handbag. I definitely need it in my bag collection.

The Cerf is definitely a classic.
Just to be clear I know there is a lot of confusion on this forum on the Cerf but it is not caviar. It is deerskin.

If you peer closely, you will see the grains are natural deerskin leather; caviar is calfskin that is imprinted by a man-made machine.

I don't have a cerf (I have a GST, which I love except that I've realized I like the flap bags better). What are you planning to use the cerf for? If you want an everyday bag, I would not exchange it for the m/l as it is too small. The jumbo imho is perfect for everyday and can go from day to dinner date, etc.

Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far, I'm still uncertain. Should I keep the Cerf tote or sell it and buy a classic flap? I have other totes. I use the Cerf as a day bag at different times. I work from home so I don't need a work bag/ tote. I need something I use as a handbag, one I can carry daily if I choose. Thanks.

Thanks everyone! Every time I get the Cerf out to carry, I fall in love all over again. I'm keeping it and if I decide to get a flap, I will choose another color. Your opinions and insight proved to be very inspiring.