Cerf uncertainty

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Hello everyone. I was wanting to know if anyone has a Cerf tote, and if you love it and consider it a classic Chanel. I have one in Black Caviar with GHW, but may want to get a medium flap instead or perhaps the Jumbo. Please help with this decision by sharing your comments. Thanks!

artax

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Europe
The cerf is not a classic anymore. I would by a Jumbo if you want a classic flap. I prefer flaps! If you need a tote keep the cerf and buy a flap later!

Rami00

Feb 1, 2014
Montréal/Toronto
I have 4 flaps (different sizes) and a cerf tote. All these bags serve a very different purpose in my lifestyle. I use my cerf more during summer, travelling and at work. It fits a lot,very carefree handbag. I definitely need it in my bag collection.

Une_passante

Sep 22, 2013
The cerf is a nice tote but too plain for my liking.
If you want a classic bag, get a flap or a GST
But if you like the cerf, def keep it and get another bag later : )

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
Jan 16, 2011
The Cerf is definitely a classic.
Just to be clear I know there is a lot of confusion on this forum on the Cerf but it is not caviar. It is deerskin.

If you peer closely, you will see the grains are natural deerskin leather; caviar is calfskin that is imprinted by a man-made machine.

LovEmAll

LovEmAll @dailyloves
Aug 28, 2014
Washington DC
I don't have a cerf (I have a GST, which I love except that I've realized I like the flap bags better). What are you planning to use the cerf for? If you want an everyday bag, I would not exchange it for the m/l as it is too small. The jumbo imho is perfect for everyday and can go from day to dinner date, etc.

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far, I'm still uncertain. Should I keep the Cerf tote or sell it and buy a classic flap? I have other totes. I use the Cerf as a day bag at different times. I work from home so I don't need a work bag/ tote. I need something I use as a handbag, one I can carry daily if I choose. Thanks.

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
what do you carry in your bag? Atleast that will help you narrow down the size/style
A full size Louis Vuitton wallet, a small lv pochette for minimal cosmetics, my checkbook, keys, sunglasses, small daily planner, Kleenex, small bottle of Aleve, mints... And that's basically it

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Thanks everyone! Every time I get the Cerf out to carry, I fall in love all over again. I'm keeping it and if I decide to get a flap, I will choose another color. Your opinions and insight proved to be very inspiring.