Cerf Tote

?

What do you think about the Cerf Tote?

1. It's a great bag!!! Definitely buy it!

2. It's an okay bag

3. Don't buy it! Don't bother with it!

4. I am not sure

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I know there were quite a few threads on it (which I looked at) but I still have a few questions.

Do you think the tote that has a mademoiselle lock is suitable for young girls (early 20's)?

I am looking for a perfect black bag that I can take anywhere (but then, it's Chanel, I'll never take it just anywhere). The leather looks indestructible and I love the whole look of the bag. Two things that bother me though - short handles (not a shoulder bag) and the fact that it's somewhat boring (even though I've tried other Chanel bags and all of them had huge logos, which I am not used to wearing, so they were out of the picture)?

If you have a cerf tote, what are your experiences with it? Do you use it to dress up (for example, work) or just as an every-day bag? Have you had any problems with it?

2. I have a brown one with the cc clasp and love it.
    The bag is definitely more low key them some other chanels, but that is why I like it. There are times where you don't want a bag with huge CC's coming right at ya.
    As for the straps, it is on the short side but totally comfortable on the shoulders with a light jacket. It comes with a long shoulder strap, so that is always an alternative if you need to be totally hands free.
    I am usually in jeans, and because the bag is somewhat "conversative" I like to dress casually when carrying it but that doesn't mean you can't dress it up.

3. I have had a black cerf tote with the gold cc clasp for about 5 years-I love it , the handle goes on my shoulder when not wearing a coat and the second strap makes it longer, even across the shoulder. I use it dress up and down, looks great with jeans and sporty looks as well as suits, etc.-It has held up great and the exact same style is still available so it is a handbag for life.

4. I have it in white and love it! It's so classically simple....I like that I can wear it anywhere, anytime, and it never looks inappropriate. The only thing is, if you buy a light color, beware of color transfer from your clothing.
    I definitely think it's an investment piece.

5. Although I don't have a cerf tote ... yet .... I think you should definitely get it. I don't think it is inappropriate for a girl in her twenties. You will enjoy it for years to come. It is a classic tote.

6. Cerf tote is fantastic! Mine was black with mademoiselle lock....a beautiful, understated and chic bag. Perfect for all ages!

7. I have a beige with the cc lock. I love this bag so much I'm contemplating a choco one this fall! It's a perfect elegant and understated bag.

8. Does anyone know how much the smaller size retail for? I know the big one is $1850.

Thanks!

9. I love this bag. I have a black one with the gold CC clasp. It is very roomy making it a great everyday bag. I can cram a lot of stuff in mine. The side pockets are great for holding magazines. I used it as my airplane carry on last year after I bought it. I put all the usual things that are in my handbag (wallet, makeup case, notebook, cellphone, agenda, coin purse) plus my I-pod, a small bottle of water, 2 magazines, portable DVD player and two DVDs. I was amazed that it could all fit in there. One problem I have with the bag is that it is not a zip top. Also, I have a hard time keeping the zippered pouch snapped inside the bag but it might just be because I have so much stuff in it. I agree that the bag is definitely on the conservative side but it will last for years.

10. I want a cerf tote to add to my collection. It's a great bag!

11. i would prefer the grey 2.55 reissue in size 226.

12. i LOVE the cerf! it's one of my dream bags. :love:

13. I have a Cerf (old lock) and I'd say: buy it!! I'm also in my early twenties and I use the bag every day! It's a bigger bag, and excelent for work/college! I agree with you that it's a very descrete bag, but that's what I like about it, especially with my age...:flowers:

14. I just saw the Break-up and I felt in love with the cerf Jennifer Aniston was carrying.It is a great bag.Do you know the colors? And sizes?

15. Get the Cerf tote! I got the pink one 2 years ago and hardly use it b/c the color. So I had to get another one b/c I love the size. I'm taking the beige one out for a spin today;)

The size is a classic and for some odd reason, it reminds me of the Birkin. :shame:

Here is a pic of my girls.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-beige-cerf-tote-with-pics-29657.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice