cerf tote

PGN

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
I've been looking through some old threads about the cerf tote. I saw one today in beige at saks and loved it!! I would have bought it but it was on hold for someone else. For those of you who bought one do you still like it? For those of you who were thinking about buying one are you still planning to? The sa told me they are difficult to find now but that they will be back in the fall and choco brown is the chanel color this fall.

I have one and I really love it. It is the perfect work bag, I can fit a whole lot in there. I have a black one and it just looks so elegant and I get tons of compliments when I wear it. I would highly recommend it as it is a classic shape that will never go out of style.

The Cerf tote was the first Chanel bag I fell head over heals in love with....it's the bag that started my Chanel obsession!

It's really my workhorse - not only is it beautiful, classic and chic but it holds a ton of stuff! Plus, it has the removable zippered bag inside which is a bonus. The only thing it does NOT have is a shoulder strap but this never bothered me. I don't think you could go wrong with the Cerf....it's a beauty!

shopmom411 said:
The Cerf tote was the first Chanel bag I fell head over heals in love with....it's the bag that started my Chanel obsession!

It's really my workhorse - not only is it beautiful, classic and chic but it holds a ton of stuff! Plus, it has the removable zippered bag inside which is a bonus. The only thing it does NOT have is a shoulder strap but this never bothered me. I don't think you could go wrong with the Cerf....it's a beauty!

did your cerf not come with a detechable strap?

shopmom411 said:

Mine came with a detachable strap.

I bought mine at the Chanel boutique in Las Vegas and it did not come with a shoulder strap nor are there rings at the handles for one. It did come with the removeable zippered insert which comes in quite handy. I bought mine last year -

I hope we're talking about the same bag....mine is called the City Chic bag in the Fall-Winter 2005 book but I've always known it as the Cerf bag...

shopmom411 said:
I bought mine at the Chanel boutique in Las Vegas and it did not come with a shoulder strap nor are there rings at the handles for one. It did come with the removeable zippered insert which comes in quite handy. I bought mine last year -

I hope we're talking about the same bag....mine is called the City Chic bag in the Fall-Winter 2005 book but I've always known it as the Cerf bag...

Do you have the one with the gunmetal lock, the mademoiselle lock? If so, that one didn't come with the strap. It is also 2 inches shorter than the regular cerf tote. I have that one in tan.

Actually, there are two sizes of of the CERF tote with the Mademoiselle closure. The large is the same size and price as the large one with the golc double CC closure (and strap) - 1850. The Mademoiselle one simply does not have a strap. I have the large Black with the rhodium mademoiselle closure and before getting it compared it with the black with the CC closure of the same price and size. I simply liked the pewtery hardware better (even though it had no strap) for me. So you do know your Chanels.

Thanx, Goldensx5! I too am a fan of the mademoiselle closures more than the double-C's. I think I fell in love with this Cerf not only because of the closure but because it's so understated and chic!

Shopmom, I never implied that you didn't know your Chanel's, I am certainly no expert, so I apologize if I have offended you.

Golden, I didn't realize the Mademoiselle lock cerf came in two sizes as well, thanks for the info. I have the black cerf with the gold cc, and the smaller cerf in tan with the Mademoiselle turnlock. I just posted the info that I knew.

Oh, Savannah - don't worry about a thing....I had no idea there was another Cerf out there so I'm glad for the info!:smile: Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of catalogue on line that we could look at that would show us all the styles offered over the years? I'd love something like that....I could stare at it for hours!! Please don't think I was offended by anything....I wasn't at all! :love: :love: :love: :love:

By the way...how do you like the smaller, tan Cerf? What size is it and do you use it as a day bag????

Savannah912: What are the measurements of the smaller Cerf compared to the bigger Cerf? I tried on a Cerf at the Chanel boutique in Hawaii and believe that was the large size, but was curious about the smaller size.

honu said:
Savannah912: What are the measurements of the smaller Cerf compared to the bigger Cerf? I tried on a Cerf at the Chanel boutique in Hawaii and believe that was the large size, but was curious about the smaller size.

honu, the smaller cerf has the same lenght and width as the large, the height is 2 inches shorter. i will measure it for you in a bit.