Cerf Tote Decision

luckyseven01

Nov 26, 2012
Hello Chanel fans!

A couple of months ago, I posted a thread about downsizing my collection. I got some really good feedback from you all about what to keep/sell to end out with a great collection.

I made my decisions on what to keep and what to sell, but the only remaining decision is about the cerf tote. I have the beige claire with gold hardware and I believe it to be a really great piece, but I am struggling to justify keeping it since I have never worn it (literally)! It has never been touched since purchase. I also have a GST in beige claire with gold hardware, so I dont think I should keep both.

Before I make a final call on whether to let the cerf go, cerf owners or anyone with an opinion, please let me know your thoughts on this bag. What is the best use for it? Casual? Business? Travel?

The color and the classic look of it are so beautiful. I am AGONIZING over this.

Help me out!

TIA!

I love the Cerf tote, and I think there is something implicitly chic about how understated it is. But I think if you've hardly ever used it perhaps it's just not something your really going to use?

I have a black Cerf and I love it. I have taken it to a wedding as well as used it for a nice girls lunch out. It also fits my laptop which is great when I need to take mine out. I feel like it can be a more everyday bag as well as a "nice" classy bag out. I just love all the built in pockets and organizing the bag has. But if you have your eye on something else and use the beige GST more then sell it.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far. Part of me wants to try using it (as some people get great use out of it), but I don't want to use it if i plan to sell because that will lower the value.

How long have you had it? If it has be sitting in your closet for over 6 months then no matter how gorgeous it is, it must not really fit your style. I've seen people with the beige Cerf tote and it's really cute but if you are downsizing, then you don't wanna keep a bag for cuteness :smile: also since you have the GST in beige, you have the color and size covered if you do want to use a beige tote.

I LOVE my black w/ ghw cerf bag. I use it as a work bag and traveling bag. It has so much space. Never leave to house without it. I also have a black gst w/ ghw too, and hardly use it. The strap always falls off my shoulder, so I'm thinking of selling it.

I have a black cerf/executive tote with shw .. I Love it!
Its simple and classic and lots of stuff fit in it.
I use it everyday now but if you are hesitating to use it.. selling is a good option
Hope you wont regret it tho

Just realised my post isnt that helpfull..

Again, thanks to you all for your thoughts and idea. It is a super tough decision. With the price of chanel increasing by the day, I feel weird about selling when I might regret it later. I think I will take the plunge and post it this weekend before I change my mind...

:shrugs::shrugs:

Just want to share my PST & mini cerf tote pic, both in GHW..I love both styles very much. Also, anyone can help how we can tell which year our bags are made by looking at ID? Got both this year in 2013 but just want to check to be sure. TIA!!