Ceramic jewelry box

GoStanford

O.G.
Jun 28, 2012
Does anybody know if Tiffany manufactured a small ceramic jewelry box with a ceramic white ribbon and base that says Tiffany and Co Japan? It was on sale at a local consignment store and I bought it as a Christmas gift and am researching if it is real. I see some photos online that look identical. Will try to photograph mine when the recipient is not around!

Does anybody know if Tiffany manufactured a small ceramic jewelry box with a ceramic white ribbon and base that says Tiffany and Co Japan? It was on sale at a local consignment store and I bought it as a Christmas gift and am researching if it is real. I see some photos online that look identical. Will try to photograph mine when the recipient is not around!
Do you mean this? If so, answer is yes. Don’t be worried if your bow is aligned differently. Mine broke off some time ago, so I may not have placed it back as originally came.734EEC10-0567-4086-B738-36AABE037BDB.jpegE5E8A433-10CE-426A-96D0-61FE7559A2AA.jpeg

Do you mean this? If so, answer is yes. Don’t be worried if your bow is aligned differently.

Awesome - thank you for the quick reply! Here are photos of mine. I see a little variation in the bows in the photos I found online, with some being skinnier-looking and some puffier. I see some indication that it may have come in multiple sizes. And some photos of the base show the copyright symbol while others don't.

I am hopeful that it's genuine!

221bdfb26bce7cbe741baa983b51cf5f.jpg

3a2d42b847cb125a2b15f10768dc6338.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomsmom and scarf1
I really want to get this! It looks beautiful. I just struggle finding to find one on ebay that I 100% know is authentic, and I don't know what I would put inside of it because my boyfriend already gifted me a large mirrored jewelry armoire for Christmas one year, so I'm good on the jewelry storage topic for now. But I just love this. I would totally pull the trigger, if I could find one that's authentic but I am terrible at authenticating.

I see that Tiffany & Co has a newer version of it on their website, but it's just a plain ceramic box without the bow....there's just something so special about the older version ones with the bows on them. :P

I really want to get this! It looks beautiful. I just struggle finding to find one on ebay that I 100% know is authentic, and I don't know what I would put inside of it because my boyfriend already gifted me a large mirrored jewelry armoire for Christmas one year, so I'm good on the jewelry storage topic for now. But I just love this. I would totally pull the trigger, if I could find one that's authentic but I am terrible at authenticating.

I see that Tiffany & Co has a newer version of it on their website, but it's just a plain ceramic box without the bow....there's just something so special about the older version ones with the bows on them. :P
I had one and sold it because of exactly your concern. I had no idea what to put in it. I didn’t want my jewelry jumbled around in it. And, I don’t have random stuff that I want to put in it either. So, I just had it sitting out on a shelf because it is very, very cute!

Then I just thought - I don’t need it if I’m not going to I use it so, I sold it.

I don’t know how you would get one authenticated. But, I would go for it if you want one. I don’t know that they were faked like the sterling silver jewelry has been.

I had one and sold it because of exactly your concern. I had no idea what to put in it. I didn’t want my jewelry jumbled around in it. And, I don’t have random stuff that I want to put in it either. So, I just had it sitting out on a shelf because it is very, very cute!

Then I just thought - I don’t need it if I’m not going to I use it so, I sold it.

I don’t know how you would get one authenticated. But, I would go for it if you want one. I don’t know that they were faked like the sterling silver jewelry has been.

I think the box is super cute also, but it’s useless. If you want it to sit around as decoration, ok. I had one and got rid of it also, similar to what was posted earlier.

If you want something from the old bow design, may I suggest a mug? It’s discontinued too, but I expect you can find one out there. I have two and love them. I use them all the time and it puts a smile on my face. They are porcelain so they don’t stain and are quite durable.

Good luck!
I grabbed this photo from an eBay listing to show you the mug I’m talking about. It’s super cute AND useful to me.

IMG_2886.JPG

I’ve just seen one on Mercari for $81, take a look.