Census- i omitted some information

guccimamma

guccimamma
Aug 8, 2006
i didn't give them my telephone number or the month/dates of our b-days (only the years)

are they going to come knocking on my door?

guccimamma

guccimamma
Aug 8, 2006
really? why do they need the month/day?

i still have it here, i guess i could open it up and change it....i just don't see why they need it

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
Seattle
really? why do they need the month/day?

i still have it here, i guess i could open it up and change it....i just don't see why they need it
Oh :lol: I though you were April Foolin'!! So I was just playing along.

Yeah I was chatting with a friend about this earlier - he was wondering why all that stuff is necessary to Count The People :shrugs:

ilovepinkhearts

J'aime coeurs roses
Dec 28, 2007
Texas
everything on the paper is 100% confidential [or so says the paper] it will remain that way for, i think it was 74 yrs and then it will become public info...for like tracking down genealogy.

DeeDeeDelovely

Quiet!Hermes Hunting
O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Orlando, Fl
I do know that they will knock on your door and or fine you if you don't fill it out correctly and return it. Mind you this is what I heard.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I'll have to look, but I think I read that legally all you're obligated to enter is # of people?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Oops, didn't read everyone's. . .
There was an interview w/ a census worker on the radio this morning that said they only knock on doors of those who never turned it back in and even then, they can't knock on everyone's door. They said the fines are rare and only in case of major issues.

ChristyR143

Really?
O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
Texas
You know, my husband got kind of weird when I told him I filled everything out on ours. I guess I don't understand what the big deal is?

fabae

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Way Down Yonder
^ Please, girl. They've already given themselves permission to access your phone records and bank accounts if they think they have reason. Yes, what do you think SS#s are for? To keep track of everything you do.