Celtic Cross Question

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Here's another "can't search answer" question. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but without the search function, I can't find it.

What does the Celtic Cross stamp look like? Does anyone have a picture handy? What was the final consensus as to its significance (or was there a concensus?).

Thanks in advance! :cutesy:

Ah, thank you both. I was thinking it was deemed basically insignificant.

Another question: What is engraved in the tiny little box to the right of the "S" in Paris? I even looked with my jeweler's loupe and couldn't figure out what it was. If it's something that shouldn't be posted on the forum, please PM me. I'm so curious!

ca74_12.JPG

Can you tell I'm a Hermes trivia hound? :graucho:

Prada, there's different things in that little box. Sandia once did a great pic, and it was a horse's head. Others seem to have some watering can motif going on. There's many different ones.

i must comment that even after it was corrected in the forum that it was not true the celtic cross is by the master craftsman - i still see ebay sellers exploiting this 'myth' & making huge emphasis when their H bag had a celtic cross logo... its misleading fact to the buyer.

bbbochap: may I know what is the correct meaning for this celtic cross? Thanks in advance.

earlier days in TPF, it was discussed that the celtic cross logo meant it was produced by the master craftsman...

however, recent days, there has been corrections from members tt mentioned the earlier statement is not true/inaccurate..... in actual fact, the celtic cross just represents that a more senior craftsman produced the bag, & not any master....

this is what i have read & understood. HTH! :biggrin: