Tech Cell troubles (Blackberry)

samuelmorgan

Aug 31, 2008
So I've had my blackberry 8700g for a little over two years. I saved up (I was 17 when I bought it) and bought the phone outright.

I even switched it over to T-mobile when I moved to L.A. from alaska where I bought the phone.

Such a great phone, I loved it.

Today, I decided to download some themes from a new theme website someone told me about as I do from time to time.
Next thing I know, my phone is whiling out. So, it continues doing the two annoying things for about an hour and I drive to t-mobile and the guy said that it isn't the battery or the sim card and sometimes, blackberry's just kind of die when you've had them for a long time. He said it can't be fixed. I want to get a blackberry curve (I LOVE them) but the only discount t-mobile willl give me is like $100 off.

I guess this is part rant about how upsetting this is (I get the same emotional attachment to my cell as I do with my handbags) and part warning against the blackberry website: THEMES4BB.COM

Be careful when downloading from that site to your phone.

:tdown:

Was the theme you d/l for your phone model and correct OS? If you don't d/l a theme that is created for your phone and OS it will "nuke" your phone. I've d/l many themes from them on my Curve and haven't had any issues.

Try posting your issue at Crackberry.com, most likely they will be able to help you.

I've had BB's longer than 2 years before and never had a problem with them.

I agree if you didn't download the right them for your phone it can make it act up.

I just want to echo what the others have said...if you aren't 100% sure that the theme you are downloading was made for the OS you are running, it will absolutely brick your phone.

That being said, the folks over at crackberry.com are an invaluable source of information. I believe there is even a thread there with instructions on how to recover a dead blackberry.

I'm sorry that happened! I can only imagine how frustrating that must be!!!

so sorry about your BB. it sounds like your t-mobile SA isn't very knowledgeable or helpful. LOL. it sounds as though he just wants you to buy a new phone off him! maybe try calling t-mobile customer service and see if they can help you troubleshoot the problem. they might tell you to upgrade the OS or something. who knows, but it's worth a try.

you could also try buying a curve off craigslist or kijiji, privately. that's what i did and i was able to get the pink BB curve for $350, brand new with box. be wary of certain sellers though, specifically ones that don't include the box or certain components 'cause they could be stolen phones.