Tech cell phone #'s being released to telemarking

SOLIDGOLD2

why yes, it was
Mar 7, 2007
REMINDER....9 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being
released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale
calls......YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS To prevent this, call the
following number from your cell phone: > 888-382-1222. It is the
National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell
phone number you want to have blocked.
NOTE: You cannot call from a different phone number.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

i have called already it's fast and easy just keep in mind you have to call from that phone you want blocked:yes:

If you follow the online link it says that it is not necessary to register cell phone numbers as they are not being released to telemarketers. I guess for now we are still safe!
I did take time to register my home number as we are constantly called about everything under the sun! Hopefully this will stop the hassling!

If you follow the online link it says that it is not necessary to register cell phone numbers as they are not being released to telemarketers. I guess for now we are still safe!
I did take time to register my home number as we are constantly called about everything under the sun! Hopefully this will stop the hassling!

I would register every number, just to be safe. That's what we did....especially since it's free and so easy.

For those who may register and still receive calls, companies calling for charities or to take "surveys" are not included.

The "survey" exemption offers a variety of workaround strategies for companies who wish to engage in telemarketing but of course would not want to break the law!

And of course any company to whom you have already given your phone number can continue to share it with "carefully selected partners who may have products and services of interest to you," and of course their own subsidiaries, some of which just might be companies who provide telemarketing services to other companies.

UGH. i got a telemarketing call at school one time and i was in so much trouble. the phone rang during a test and they took it away and gave me detention for a week. lol.

thanks for the info!

I think this is an urban legend. I have been seeing this same warning for a couple of years now.

It's definitely not, there was a report on the news here last night about it. The head of the company said they're buying phone numbers from any and all companies you've given your number to (not including the ones who have privacy guarantees). They even did a thing where the people doing the report bought all the numbers listed in their database (they sell numbers for $15 apiece), called the people and met up with them to tell them how they got their numbers. They'd read off their phone numbers and one lady's 14 year old son's number was on there. :wtf:

Anyway, it's good to know that the Do Not Call list takes care of this, I've been on that one for awhile now.

Well, what it really means is that we will all be paying more for our cell phone service, since the providers will start selling a whitelist feature for an additional monthly charge! :smile: