Cell Phone Crystals

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I'm about to get a new cell phone and I'd love to add some crystals to the faceplates. But I'm at a complete loss how to do it and I know that some of you supremely talented ladies have blinged out some of your accessories and they look amazing. I'd appreciate any tips or tricks.

Thanks!

2. #2 Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    ohhh yeah, I just got finished with mine a few days ago but I don't think I'll EVER do another!!!!! LOL I swear, had I'd known it would be that labor intensive, I never would have started. (keep in mind I have a 6 year old and a 4 month old child so I couldn't do it whenever I wanted for how long I wanted to at any given moment)....I free handed the design and used 9ss sized crystals on the back and by the time I was able to do the front cover, I said "screw it" and used 12ss size to speed things along!! LOL I have a Blackberry curve 8330 and loooove this case. DH said I should sell it but I told him "no way! I'm too emotionally invested in this damn case!!". :P Im telling you, the hallelujah chorus sang in my head when I put the last one on there!!!! Here are the pics..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. #3 Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    ^^^ wow! Can you do mine?? :biggrin: haha

May I ask how you did it? I have been thinking of doing mine as well.

4. sure! Well, I went to rhinestonebiz.com and bought the crystals I needed....at least, I thought I bought enough. Turns out, I had to order 2 additional times to cover the darn thing!! LOL I used Gem-Tac embellishing glue, put a small dab where I would be putting the crystals (kind of spread the glue out to a very thin coating for the area)using a toothpick then used my tweezers and placed the cystal where I wanted. Very tedious!!! All in all, I spent about $70 on crystals!! Those darn things are so expensive and trust me, I definitely priced around and chose the cheapest website for authentic swarovski crystals. The sparkle says it all, its insane in the sunlight!!!:supacool:

5. Thanks! It looks fantastic! I was going to try to do zebra print. :biggrin:

6. I too bought crystals, I just don't have the patience! Your phone looks great though! Good job!

OP- You will definately need way more crystals then you think ;)

7. yup yup!!!!!

8. That's an absolutely gorgeous phone Diva!!! Thanks so much for the photos and explanations!

9. I did my palm 650 when I had it and the process turned out just like divadivine. It is labor intensive and I did the same thing on thinking I ordered enough crystals when I really didnt. I think I also spent about $70 to 80 on crystals and I used size 8ss crystals. I think it took me about two weekends to finished. I sat in the bed on weekends to finish. I used e600 glue. I plan on doing my palm 755 but I will buy a case and do that.

10. divadivine, that looks fantastic, great job!

11. Thanks so much for the compliments ladies!!!! :ty:

12. divadivine, that's wonderful work!!! I can imagine the joy you had when you finished. Great job

13. I love the hello kitty on your phone! I don't think I'd have the patience to add crystals to my phone, though...I'd probably give up along the way.

14. Thanks for all the advice, i think i may just do a smaller design on the back of the phone instead of covering the entire thing. I don't think i'd have the patience to cover it all and with a smaller design i can still have some sparkle. I just got a pink blackberry so i may do hello kitty (i LOVE your's Diva!) or something on the back. Thanks again!

15. Anoka, know whats funny? I was only gonna do the hello kitty design and be done with it! lol Good luck on your project and please post pics when you're finished!! ;)