Celine's Classic Box: hook, line & sinker!

nadianostalgia

oldworldcharm
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
I just saw the most unusual shade of milky, pale green on the most elegant, understated bag by Celine! It's beautiful & I can't stop thinking about it! The Classic Box is such a simple, timeless piece, so lady-like & functional at the same time. I love it! But I just don't think the price is worth it with the increase :shocked: Bummed!

Attachments

• IMG_3968.jpg
    IMG_3968.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,614
It really is crazy...3800...I will put this out there...two months ago, I got my beige medium box from bergdorf goodman at a presale for $2000! (40%off).... there was NO WAY I was passing that up, and with it being such a versatile color. meanwhile, I love this color...love love love it, yet how can I justify paying almost twice as much for a little color change????

It is pricey but still not as bad as the Hermes Constance.....which is the bag I have wanted for so long but decided $9 -$10 grand was highway robbery. When I saw the Celine Box I decided it was the one! I'd love to get one more to go with my Hibiscus before the price goes UPPPPPP again!

It really is crazy...3800...I will put this out there...two months ago, I got my beige medium box from bergdorf goodman at a presale for $2000! (40%off).... there was NO WAY I was passing that up, and with it being such a versatile color. meanwhile, I love this color...love love love it, yet how can I justify paying almost twice as much for a little color change????

I think you would be nuts to pay more for a change in a similar color. This almond is beautiful but so is your beige, and they essentially serve the same purpose colorwise...... a soft light colored lady like bag. They even go with the same wardrobe colors. You should never let it go!! But...if you want to sell this one to fund a darker color that you would use more often then I think that makes a bit of sense. Hopefully you could even make a bit of profit since you got it at such a great price....which brings me to this question..... How the heck did you score that!!!!!lol

You are so lucky :smile: I've been under the impression (with help from the SA's) that this style never ever goes on sale. If there's even the slightest hope of grabbing one on sale I will wait patiently. I've seen the same bags sit there for more than 2 seasons at my local stores (we live in the same area) with no markdown on the horizon. The poor bags just get more scratched up from being on display.

I think you would be nuts to pay more for a change in a similar color. This almond is beautiful but so is your beige, and they essentially serve the same purpose colorwise...... a soft light colored lady like bag. They even go with the same wardrobe colors. You should never let it go!! But...if you want to sell this one to fund a darker color that you would use more often then I think that makes a bit of sense. Hopefully you could even make a bit of profit since you got it at such a great price....which brings me to this question..... How the heck did you score that!!!!!lol

You are so lucky :smile: I've been under the impression (with help from the SA's) that this style never ever goes on sale. If there's even the slightest hope of grabbing one on sale I will wait patiently. I've seen the same bags sit there for more than 2 seasons at my local stores (we live in the same area) with no markdown on the horizon. The poor bags just get more scratched up from being on display.

I owe this find to a TPFr, I can't remember who now, but someone had seen it on presale and passed it up, but announced it on here. I thought there was no way in a million years it would still be available, but it was. My impression is that they DONT ever go on sale. I can tell you this was in perfect shape, mild scratches as expected, so I have no idea why it went on sale...another TPFr found a camel color at her local TJMAXX! So, it is possible few and far between. I will be on the look out for you!