Celine? YSL? Proenza?

t00thfairy

Nov 18, 2009
Hello! I hope someone would reply this but I'm having the biggest dilemma on which bag to get for my birthday - perfect timing too as I just got the release to post new threads! :smile: On my mind are

1) celine micro luggage in dune - worried that not having a shoulder strap would be uncomfortable
2) celine nano in lune - not sure if the celine luggage trend is a fad and I won't want to wear it 10 years down the rod..
3) YSL muse - too big?
4) proenza schouler PS1 - I've been hearing that they've been having some quality control issues?

Any suggestion would be helpful! Thanks so much in advance!!

PS1. It seems like you would prefer a bag with a strap so that its more comfortable. And the design of PS is more likely to remain as a classic satchel than the celine luggage.

I'm not a fan of the PS1 unfortunately. I too prefer bags with longer straps, which is why I'd probably pick the nano, out of the bags you've listed, however its a pretty small bag, so it depends on how much you tend to carry around with you. Have you also considered the small Trapeze, which has a longer strap? And as an alternative to the YSL muse, the YSL mini chyc cabas also has a longer strap and it's a really good size!

ps1 has apparently quality control issues and bad customer service - so unless you want to deal with this fuss, look into something else. I also don't think that these bags are designed to stand the test of time (since you said you want to wear it 10 years down the road).

I think the nano is cute (and I am not into any other of the luggage totes) but I don't see it as a forever bag either. hard to say whether the luggage is a passing trend or here to stay but I guess this could be said for any bag until it becomes a classic. at the end of the day you will need to be happy with the bag and not worry whether someone else may still like it. honestly, the way it goes right now, even the Birkin (whether people like the style or not, it is a timeless classic) is over done, so what is left really?

I suggest unless you want to invest in the brands that have been around for a long time and have kept up their game consistently, like Chanel, LV or Hermes, you go for what you like and see what happens - of these I would get the Nano because I like the cross body option.

I personally have no problems at all with my large ps1 so i don;t know if the quality problem is perhaps a random thing.
Ps1 will get my vote however you might want to consider the YSL mini chyc cabas or balenciaga velo for crossbody options.

I would say go for the nano.
I have the nano and had lots of compliments about it. Plus, you can wear it for a everyday use on the shoulder (with the strap) or by night with a nice dress by taking it from the handles with the shoulder strap down, I just love the effect.
Here a picture to show you what i mean (btw mine is the same color!):
8406212407_0ba63b8752.jpg

Hello! I hope someone would reply this but I'm having the biggest dilemma on which bag to get for my birthday - perfect timing too as I just got the release to post new threads! :smile: On my mind are

1) celine micro luggage in dune - worried that not having a shoulder strap would be uncomfortable
2) celine nano in lune - not sure if the celine luggage trend is a fad and I won't want to wear it 10 years down the rod..
3) YSL muse - too big?
4) proenza schouler PS1 - I've been hearing that they've been having some quality control issues?

Givenchy antigona bag!!!

3) YSL muse - too big?

If you are considering to use the purse for a long time, I would say the luggage micro.

That's a tough one. I love the PS1 but have held out on purhcasing one for the same reason you have listed. I would love to get my hands on a micro so that is my vote. However I have heard the luggage totes are heavy...so not having a strap maybe a drawback.

That's a tough one. I love the PS1 but have held out on purhcasing one for the same reason you have listed. I would love to get my hands on a micro so that is my vote. However I have heard the luggage totes are heavy...so not having a strap maybe a drawback.
That's exactly what I was thinking about the totes! I definitely consider comfort more than anything when it comes to choosing handbags and not having a shoulder strap could be a big drawback for me as well..

I totally agree with you. So I ended up ordering both the nano and the micro so that I can choose. I got the nano in lune and it arrived today. Below is a picture of it

I would say go for the nano.
I have the nano and had lots of compliments about it. Plus, you can wear it for a everyday use on the shoulder (with the strap) or by night with a nice dress by taking it from the handles with the shoulder strap down, I just love the effect.
Here a picture to show you what i mean (btw mine is the same color!):
8406212407_0ba63b8752.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3173.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 667