Celine wallets - thoughts?

pillow_work

Dec 7, 2020
Hello! I’m considering of getting a Celine wallet, possibly one of the trifolded wallets in grained calf skin.

I don’t switch wallets often. So my new wallet will hopefully endure a reasonable amount of daily wear and tear (maybe 2-3 years at least).

Would anyone be able to share their experiences on Celine wallets please?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Tote Ali

J Oona

Jul 31, 2018
I don't have any experience owning a Celine wallet, but their quality seems good (it better be for the price). Personally, I feel like Celine wallets are a bit too plain for me because my bags are already minimal looking. I really enjoy their box bag and nano luggage though.

Look around the second-hand market, otherwise, go for it!

Reactions: pillow_work

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
I find Celine wallets a tad too minimalistic, same as J Oona. And the Macadam/Triomph ones (with the monogram) don't really do it for me either. So I never had any Celine wallets or SLGs myself. But I do hear good things about the quality. And the colors they come in are really pretty. So if you like the style, I'd say go for it.

Last edited:

autumn369

Dec 1, 2017
I picked up a wallet from Celine just last month, so I really can't speak to its longevity. However, I have been loving it so far! I like my wallets to be able to be pretty care-free since my bags tend to be a black hole of random items, and the little compact zip wallet has been able to endure being tossed around quite a bit. (mine is in grained calfskin)

The only thing I will say is that the zipper isn't the smoothest. But if you are going for the trifold, this won't be an issue!

May 4, 2015
Germany
Hey :smile:,

I have a Celine Medium Strap Wallet for almost three years now and it's the best wallet I have bought so far. Really convenient for daily use because of the size and the easy closure. I only switch out for smaller bags (e.g. a Chanel WOC). For the longevity I would say it's pretty decent I only have minor wear on the corners but nothing major. The only con is that the card slots have been quite snug in the beginning but after 3 months of use they were totally fine. I hope that helps a little bit :smile: